Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools 2019 ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403079)

abomeerza 01-24-2019 10:29 AM

Pro Tools 2019 !

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...racks-and-more

Avid are showing the next version of Pro Tools at their NAMM Booth until January 27th 2019. Avid plan to release the next version of Pro Tools sometime during the first 3 months of 2019, but the exact release date is yet to be set.

The New Features Being Added In The Next Version Of Pro Tools
Get up to 1152 voices with Pro Tools Ultimate - The maximum number of voices (or maximum number of tracks at 48K sample rate) for a Pro Tools Ultimate system is going up from 768 to 1152. This will enable you to scale your systems as needed for the most complex projects to playback in multiple rooms, enhancing Audio Post workflows.

There will 2 ways you will be able to do this depending on what hardware and software you have.

If you an HDX owner then with this new version of Pro Tools the maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks for each HDX card will go up from 256 to 384. If you have an HDX3 system that will bring the maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks to 1152.

If you are a standalone Pro Tools Ultimate software owner you will be able to purchase ‘voice packs’. Each voice pack will increase your maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks in blocks of 128 voices.

We understand that there will be options for both perpetual and subscription (rental) users and that users with a perpetual license will be able to rent a voice pack enabling you to increase the track count of a system for a period of time to say handle a large job and then drop back to the normal track count at the end of the voice pack rental period.

Experiment and edit with seamless playback - With this next version of Pro Tools you will be able to add plug-ins, change loop duration, and make other timeline and track changes, without Pro Tools stopping and breaking your creative flow.

This is great news and something users have been asking for, for a long time. We can’t wait for this feature is will mean that Pro Tools won’t stop when you want to make changes.

Double your MIDI track count - If you are a heavy MIDI user in Pro Tools for composition work, then with this next version of Pro Tools, you will have double the number of MIDI tracks available, up from 512 to 1024 enabling you to create colossal, richly orchestrated pieces all within Pro Tools.

Gain full monitoring control with Pro Tools Control - With the next version of Pro Tools you will be able to control any EUCON-enabled monitoring system, including Pro Tools MTRX, XMON, monitor sources in Pro Tools, right from your iPad. This will mean that you can do so much more with just an iPad and the free Pro Tools Control app. If you have an S6 and you are away from the console, as long as you have your iPad within reach, you will be able to control your EUCON-enabled monitoring system.

Get to the tracks you need faster on a control surface - There will be some new Eucon features added in the next version of Pro Tools. Avid are adding “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” features in the Eucon protocols making it even easier to scroll around Pro Tools windows and bank your Eucon enabled control surface accordingly.

Jazzbass56 01-24-2019 10:40 AM

Re: Pro tools 2019 !

LAME I'm trying not swear, but what a Hose...Still NO folder tracks etc...I renewed my subscription last December, it will be the last. AVID does not listen.....I really try and stay positive but this is BS IMO

home_studio 01-24-2019 10:41 AM

purchase ‘voice packs’...OH I love it!
next: 128 undo packs?
to pay/subscribe again?
i'm hoping for more, for more ease of workflow with "just" my 256 voices.

krabbencutter 01-24-2019 10:59 AM

Community: "WE WANT FOLDER TRACKS!"
AVID:"You want MORE TRACKS? Awesome, here you go!"

Jared Paul 01-24-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabbencutter (Post 2513928)
Community: "WE WANT FOLDER TRACKS!"
AVID:"You want MORE TRACKS? Awesome, here you go!"

This! Wow this release looks incredibly disappointing.

T-Low 01-24-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by home_studio (Post 2513923)
next: 128 undo packs?

" AAE -9173 error pack " ?

Norbertools 01-24-2019 11:29 AM

Nuendo 9 will destroy PT 2019 :-(

noah330 01-24-2019 11:31 AM

I don't need 128 tracks, so I'm not that concerned about that but as an Ultimate Native user what exactly am I getting?

It's a little confusing to read.

analog orange 01-24-2019 11:32 AM

I’m just really hoping that the new smooth playback “feature” is just code for “our audio engine is finally as good as every other daw 10 years ago”. I’d be fine with that. The track packs thing though reads like something out of the onion.

xrekcor 01-24-2019 11:33 AM

Doesn’t seem to be much for the standard PT user that I can see.... maybe there is more to come.