Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Summer NAMM's coming up... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=303907)

derker 07-06-2011 03:53 PM

Summer NAMM's coming up...

...will we be seeing anything from Avid?

:D

moff 07-06-2011 04:04 PM

Re: Summer NAMM's coming up...

12 Rack? ;)

studio289 07-06-2011 04:18 PM

Personally, I think announcing Expansion Pack 2 at Summer NAMM would be a smart business move.

There appear to be quite a few FAS customers that got disgruntled with the whole AFXII roll out/availability/company attitude fiasco.
Releasing an update now with user IR's, more flexible effects and better sounding dirt pedals I believe would pull quite a bit of the Fractal waiting list over to AVID.

The 11r already has some the 'new' features of the AFXII (usb, and headphone for example)
The 11r already sounds great, but closing the features gap now would, in my opinion, be a slam dunk.

$.02,
R~

zedhed 07-06-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moff (Post 1812627)
12 Rack? ;)

I suspect that wouldn't come before 2012 ;)

sunburst79 07-06-2011 10:37 PM

I'm trying to remember if Avid or Digi ever introduced anything of importance at Summer NAMM. I wouldnt mind seeing a better interface than MBox3 Pro. They could announce the CPTK to HD Native upgrade:D

chrisdee 07-06-2011 10:55 PM

What would be welcome is a big price drop on the native + omni.

It would also be nice to se a thunderbird device (004 prehaps?),
but i guess we wont se that for atleast another year or so.

Darryl Ramm 07-06-2011 10:59 PM

I'd definitely bolt out and buy an interface with thunderbird support. :-)

Darryl

SloeGin 07-07-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio289 (Post 1812631)
Personally, I think announcing Expansion Pack 2 at Summer NAMM would be a smart business move.

There appear to be quite a few FAS customers that got disgruntled with the whole AFXII roll out/availability/company attitude fiasco.
Releasing an update now with user IR's, more flexible effects and better sounding dirt pedals I believe would pull quite a bit of the Fractal waiting list over to AVID.

The 11r already has some the 'new' features of the AFXII (usb, and headphone for example)
The 11r already sounds great, but closing the features gap now would, in my opinion, be a slam dunk.

$.02,
R~

oh please let's hope so.
Can't wait for the user IR's :)

Benoni 07-07-2011 03:47 PM

I would not be surprised if nothing "new" was announced.

So much new stuff has been released in the past year and a half or so, I dont know how they could of had time to release even more new stuff so soon.

Sure, i would not mind seeing an 004 or even an Eleven Rack Pro, but I dont really expect anything, at least not right now.

But only Avid knows for sure, so we will have to wait and see. :cool:

Vercingetorix 07-07-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 1813000)
I would not be surprised if nothing "new" was announced.

So much new stuff has been released in the past year and a half or so, I dont know how they could of had time to release even more new stuff so soon.

Sure, i would not mind seeing an 004 or even an Eleven Rack Pro, but I dont really expect anything, at least not right now.

But only Avid knows for sure, so we will have to wait and see. :cool:

I'm with Benoni on this one. While I personally would love to see something new on the 11R front, whether it be a a firmware upgrade or a new unit with you beaut specs - the whole Axe FXII fiacso has left that company right for trouncing. And there would never be a better time than right *now*!!! The Axe FXII isn't even going to touch down in Australia until late August!!! So an announcement *now* would pull almost all the wind out of Fractal's sail. And certainly get people speaking a helluva lot!

But, I can't see Avid announcing anything at Summer NAMM. I was reading up on the Summer NAMM and it looks like it is boycotted by some of the larger manufacturers. They do their spiel at Winter NAMM and then run of to Musikmesse in Europe and repeat their spiel for the European audiences a couple of months later.

But then again Avid has proved me wrong in the past - and would love to be proved wrong again ;).