Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Duplicating a Project (save as?) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405224)

Barryd 06-15-2019 10:49 PM

Duplicating a Project (save as?)

I am currently using Pro Tools first and have about a dozen offline projects currently. I have one project that I am working on that I want to experiment going in a different direction with so basically I need to duplicate it and then mess around with the copy.

Is there a way to do that? In audacity which I used to use you would just go FILE, Save AS and give it a new name. Same in Word, Excel etc.

Thanks.

Darryl Ramm 06-15-2019 11:37 PM

Re: Duplicating a Project (save as?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryd (Post 2529519)
I am currently using Pro Tools first and have about a dozen offline projects currently. I have one project that I am working on that I want to experiment going in a different direction with so basically I need to duplicate it and then mess around with the copy.

Is there a way to do that? In audacity which I used to use you would just go FILE, Save AS and give it a new name. Same in Word, Excel etc.

Thanks.

You would be better off posting this question in the Pro Tools First section of DUC.

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Barryd 06-15-2019 11:39 PM

Is it not the same procedure for both versions? Assuming there is a procedure.

Darryl Ramm 06-15-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryd (Post 2529521)
Is it not the same procedure for both versions? Assuming there is a procedure.

You are working with Projects and the mutant local version of those provided in First, not the local Sessions format that almost everybody else here uses. (I've tried to explain this to you before. And been clear that for what you are doing I would not be using First. But that is your choice). But you are likely asking in the wrong place.

Almost every user in this forum section does not use Pro Tools First, will likely have no idea what First does now with local Projects caching etc. A few users here might use Project/collaboration with Standard/Ultimate but the place you will likely get best help is the First forum.

Darryl Ramm 06-15-2019 11:56 PM

And Pro Tools standard and Ultimate have Save As... and Save Copy In... (and it's Save Copy In that is the really useful one). Both well described in the Pro Tools Reference Guide. I have no idea what Pro Tools First provides.

Southsidemusic 06-16-2019 12:32 AM

Moved it to PT|First Discussion :-)

Barryd 06-16-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2529527)
Moved it to PT|First Discussion :-)

Ok thanks. Hopefully someone who does have an idea how Pro Tools first works might answer then.

It would seem a pretty fundamental, basic and important feature really to have even in the entry level platform to this DAW.

DigiTechSupt 06-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryd (Post 2529529)
Ok thanks. Hopefully someone who does have an idea how Pro Tools first works might answer then.

It would seem a pretty fundamental, basic and important feature really to have even in the entry level platform to this DAW.

Sorry, this is not included on the latest release of Pro Tools First. Please feel free to add this at the Feature Request section of the Pro Tools Lounge inside the Avid Link app.

Barryd 06-16-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 2529570)
Sorry, this is not included on the latest release of Pro Tools First. Please feel free to add this at the Feature Request section of the Pro Tools Lounge inside the Avid Link app.

Ok thanks.

sv_guy 10-26-2019 09:37 AM

I was wondering where save as or duplicate session was too. Also it’s annoying that your actual session files are placed in an predetermined folder and can’t be moved. Things like this make upgrading to a $29 month subscription not worth it. Pro Tools ain’t that special. I left in 2006 to move to Ableton Live and I wanted to revisit some old Pro Tools songs. Better of just using my old G4 Mac and Pro Tools 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk