Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Permanent License Lost? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407548)

tetonica 12-11-2019 04:18 AM

Permanent License Lost?

Did I just lose my permanent licenses to Pro Tools and HEAT? :confused:
Yesterday I renewed for 1-year what I thought was just support + updates ($99) BUT I didn't have intention of giving up my permanent licenses of Pro Tools and HEAT (which I bough full price just a few months ago).

Did AVID tricked me into a subscription model? There's no option to have support for permanent licenses? Really piss that I lost my permanent licenses :mad: I just wanted to renew support+updates - didn't have intention of losing my permanent licenses (specially HEAT that I just bough full price)

TNM 12-11-2019 05:08 AM

Re: Permanent License Lost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetonica (Post 2547389)
Yesterday I renewed for 1-year what I thought was just support + updates ($99) BUT I didn't have intention of giving up my permanent licenses of Pro Tools and HEAT (which I bough full price just a few months ago).

Did AVID tricked me into a subscription model? There's no option to have support for permanent licenses? Really piss that I lost my permanent licenses :mad: I just wanted to renew support+updates - didn't have intention of losing my permanent licenses (specially HEAT that I just bough full price)

Yep.. but there are clear indications of what is happening everywhere before purchase... But if you did it for $99 direct you just cross graded your perpetual license.. although you should not have lost heat perpetual, that's unrelated. I'd contact them either way ASAP in case I am wrong and to get your HEAT back.. but i doubt they will cancel your sub and let you go back. :(

If somehow Avid do help you, get a couple of these:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr...an_renewal.htm

95 USD, cheaper than the sub you paid and specifically for a perpetual license (renew by a year for updates and support).

tetonica 12-11-2019 07:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback - you're correct all my permanent licenses like HEAT are still good - however permanent license of Pro Tools is gone :confused:

Didn't meant to cross-grade to subscription - just wanted to extend support+updates - will reach out to AVID - thanks again!

musicman691 12-11-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetonica (Post 2547389)

The renewal for non-Ultimate doubled earlier this year from $99 to $199. This has been well talked about here and elsewheres.

TNM 12-11-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetonica (Post 2547416)
Thanks for the feedback - you're correct all my permanent licenses like HEAT are still good - however permanent license of Pro Tools is gone :confused:

Didn't meant to cross-grade to subscription - just wanted to extend support+updates - will reach out to AVID - thanks again!

well yes, you cross graded your perpetual PT to a subscription now. Explain to them it was in error, ask them to deposit a PT asset in your ilok and remove the sub one, and then go buy the ones I linked to at thomann. Get on to them ASAP at Avid!

Emi 12-11-2019 11:13 AM

Omg, what have you done!!!!

tetonica 12-11-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNM (Post 2547465)
well yes, you cross graded your perpetual PT to a subscription now. Explain to them it was in error, ask them to deposit a PT asset in your ilok and remove the sub one, and then go buy the ones I linked to at thomann. Get on to them ASAP at Avid!

Created a case with AVID explaining what happened and requesting to get the permanent license back. Yeah I just wanted to renew support for my Pro Tools permanent license (not cross-grading to subscription) :o

Since I was not getting any response ended up calling. Talked to a nice lady but she was from Media Composer group but she noted that my case was indeed created but there was a large back-log and may not get a response until tomorrow at the soonest... we'll see how this ends :confused:

DigiTechSupt 12-11-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetonica (Post 2547484)
Created a case with AVID explaining what happened and requesting to get the permanent license back. Yeah I just wanted to renew support for my Pro Tools permanent license (not cross-grading to subscription) :o

Since I was not getting any response ended up calling. Talked to a nice lady but she was from Media Composer group but she noted that my case was indeed created but there was a large back-log and may not get a response until tomorrow at the soonest... we'll see how this ends :confused:

Hi,
I've alerted the webstore team about this. They'll be in touch with you through Email.

Thank you,
-Tope

tetonica 12-11-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 2547495)
Hi,
I've alerted the webstore team about this. They'll be in touch with you through Email. Thank you, -Tope

Thanks - greatly appreciated (^_^)

daeron80 12-12-2019 10:36 AM

Me, too. I did exactly the same thing that I've done to renew my support plan every year since it was introduced. There was no clear indication that I would lose my permanent license. I know it was a case of buyer-beware, technically my fault for not reading all the fine print. But I feel cheated because it was exactly the same process as before, no "are you sure?" message, no box to tick to acknowledge that I accept that I'm giving up something I've held for 15 years. Even so, I'd happily pay the extra $100 to get my permanent license back so I don't have to spend the next year of spare time converting every session in my archive to stems.