Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Cannot import audio track via Import Audio menu item (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398807)

vibeone 04-21-2018 08:32 PM

Cannot import audio track via Import Audio menu item

Can anyone help me figure out why I keep getting this error when I try to import audio files into Pro Tools 12.4?

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 603. (Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)

I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere. It happens as soon as I click File>Import Audio.

Running Pro Tools 12.4 on a Macbook Pro Retina with High Sierra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vibe

BScout 04-21-2018 09:46 PM

Re: Cannot import audio track via Import Audio menu item

12.4 isn't supported on High Sierra.

gissalafu 05-15-2018 10:37 PM

I know people who do have Pro Tools 12.5 and running High Sierra, it works. I am having the same error message...

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 603.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)

Can someone please shed some light on this? I've read .mm files belongs to microsoft..

Thanks

Sparky1 05-15-2018 11:05 PM

From the Avid site...

Quote:

"macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) is supported with Pro Tools 12.8.3 and higher (macOS 10.13.2 or higher required)."
Sparky

LoveeMixingMama 05-18-2018 05:34 AM

Did anyone ever figure it out? I’m getting the same thing randomly and don’t know why

Chief Technician 05-20-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gissalafu (Post 2488398)
Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 603.

Can someone please shed some light on this? I've read .mm files belongs to microsoft..

The .mm is the type of file. The file name is Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS. That file was stored on /Volumes/Development in the /158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacOS/ directory.

When you execute File-->Import Audio, Pro Tools executes some code. When it gets to line 603 of code in Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm, something goes wrong. This is why the assertion error appears.

Mario75 05-27-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Technician (Post 2488897)
The .mm is the type of file. The file name is Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS. That file was stored on /Volumes/Development in the /158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacOS/ directory.

When you execute File-->Import Audio, Pro Tools executes some code. When it gets to line 603 of code in Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm, something goes wrong. This is why the assertion error appears.

Having the same issue...
If that is the problem, does anyone knows what could help to fix that error?
would be lovelly
Thanks

zhaojian 07-01-2018 09:53 PM

I have the same issue but the different error code. I have Pro Tools 12.6 running on High Sierra. I got this error since I upgrade to High Sierra. I think it is the wrong compatibility made this error.

musicman691 07-02-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhaojian (Post 2493068)
I have the same issue but the different error code. I have Pro Tools 12.6 running on High Sierra. I got this error since I upgrade to High Sierra. I think it is the wrong compatibility made this error.

I would say so. This is why it's a good thing to have a clone of a working system before doing any kind of operating system 'upgrade'.

moyno85 07-03-2018 03:47 AM

Yep, I'm getting this ******** as well.

Does this mean we have to wait for a patch?

Not being able to import audio is a final dealbreaker for me. Pro Tools has given me nothing but trouble.