Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Unable to change marker colors (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386116)

foxes 11-05-2016 02:01 PM

Unable to change marker colors

Hi,

For some I'm unable to change the marker colors from the default color that is allocated to them when they are created. I have 'Always Display Marker Colors' checked in preferences, I open the color palette and select markers from the drop down menu, select a marker but no color highlights like if I were coloring a clip and I cannot select a color.

It works fine with tracks, clips & groups.

What is the issue, is it a bug, does anybody else get this?

I'm using PT 12.6 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

john1192 11-05-2016 02:32 PM

Re: Unable to change marker colors

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxes (Post 2393642)
Hi,

For some I'm unable to change the marker colors from the default color that is allocated to them when they are created. I have 'Always Display Marker Colors' checked in preferences, I open the color palette and select markers from the drop down menu, select a marker but no color highlights like if I were coloring a clip and I cannot select a color.

It works fine with tracks, clips & groups.

What is the issue, is it a bug, does anybody else get this?

I'm using PT 12.6 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

i cannot seem to change mine either disregard the Colors in tracks my bad .. works fine .. still trying to get markers to work though ...

john

john1192 11-05-2016 02:35 PM

i think i found it for both of us .. i had tossed prefs ..

in prefs / display / color coding / always display marker colors ... not sure why this is a PRef ..

foxes 11-05-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2393648)
i think i found it for both of us .. i had tossed prefs ..

in prefs / display / color coding / always display marker colors ... not sure why this is a PRef ..

Hi John,

Thanks for feedback, I have 'Always Display Marker Colors' already checked in preferences and still cannot change the marker colors.

it must be a 12.6 bug

john1192 11-05-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxes (Post 2393654)
Hi John,

Thanks for feedback, I have 'Always Display Marker Colors' already checked in preferences and still cannot change the marker colors.

it must be a 12.6 bug

it works .. say marker#2 - just hit the marker and a little after the marker and it will change color ..

john1192 11-05-2016 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here ar a couple pics for you in 12.6

foxes 11-05-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2393656)
it works .. say marker#2 - just hit the marker and a little after the marker and it will change color ..

Thanks again for your help John, it's definitely a bug. I get varying results with double clicking between 2 markers where it changes both marker colors.

john1192 11-05-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxes (Post 2393660)
Thanks again for your help John, it's definitely a bug. I get varying results with double clicking between 2 markers where it changes both marker colors.

yeah, you have to include the marker in your selection .. see pic .. if you are not right on the marker it will not change ..

PMTStudio 11-05-2016 04:02 PM

got to try this out as i was to busy working to figure this color markers thing, i remember when i tried 11.3hd it came with demo sessions with color and liked it ,thanks for the pics

john1192 11-05-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMTStudio (Post 2393662)
got to try this out as i was to busy working to figure this color markers thing, i remember when i tried 11.3hd it came with demo sessions with color and liked it ,thanks for the pics

let me know if i can be of more help ... cheers john