Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   RTAS & TDM Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Waves v9r26 installer? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397877)

sdmaas 03-12-2018 11:00 AM

Waves v9r26 installer?

Hey all,

I attempted an upgrade from HD8 to HD10, but reverted back to 8. While on HD10, I updated Waves to v9.3 to get a few new plugins. After reverting(full un-install to reinstall), Pro Tools would not recognize my licenses for Waves plugins. Tried to completely reinstall Waves v9.3 with no changing result. I reverted Waves to the only other installer I could find(not the one I had been running,but an earlier ver) and my plugins came back, but a few licenses were not found due to the absence of the plugins (that hadn’t been released in that version). The version that I was running was AFTER v9r25 and BEFORE v9.3- Waves refuses to send a link or any help. Does anyone have a Windows installer for v9r26?

Raoul23 03-12-2018 11:56 AM

Re: Waves v9r26 installer?

For V9.3 you need to activate your licesense on waves offline installer if your PC is not connected to the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdmaas 03-13-2018 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was running v9.26 the same day on PTHD8 with everything working. After PTHD8>10 and Waves v9.26>9.3 upgrades the same day, the plugins’ licenses would not be found. Here is the final dialog with Waves after I came up with an alternative...

sdmaas 03-13-2018 11:48 AM

Only the plugins post v9.25 are the issues at-bay. Waves customer support said the above after I asked for the installer. Bought a UAD-2 yesterday because of the lack of care from Waves. Never looking back.... unless someone has a v9r26 installer hiding somewhere...

Raoul23 03-13-2018 11:55 AM

I had this about 2 months ago when I upgraded my platinum to diamond and to reactivate my new license and it was all down to using the waves off line uninstaller it needs to be the latest one to activate the licenses but then you can use the 9.3 installer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdmaas 04-09-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raoul23 (Post 2480031)
I had this about 2 months ago when I upgraded my platinum to diamond and to reactivate my new license and it was all down to using the waves off line uninstaller it needs to be the latest one to activate the licenses but then you can use the 9.3 installer

Thanks, the offline uninstaller did the job.

mikeyman 04-16-2018 09:23 PM

been having trouble with my Waves bundle .It loads in PT's and I use the plugs but after a while the plugs don't work anymore keeps asking for a rescan of the license:confused:

sdmaas 04-17-2018 10:06 AM

I got the v9.3 to work; however after a clean install of Windows, full driver updates for all hardware, and multiple drinks.

My only thought on your recent issue would be if a "defragmentation" utility keeps moving the waves folder on you... Might try a full waves uninstall then install the installer of your choice.

29CountsNY 04-17-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyman (Post 2485081)
been having trouble with my Waves bundle .It loads in PT's and I use the plugs but after a while the plugs don't work anymore keeps asking for a rescan of the license:confused:

Had a similar situation after updating through Waves Central. Pro Tools would not see the licenses on my flash drive. I ended up going into Waves Central again, moving the licenses back to the cloud then moved them to my flash drive again and Pro Tools saw them after that. I would give that a try.

mikeyman 04-17-2018 08:41 PM

thanks guys I think I got it now ???I re-did everything again and made sure I deleted all waves stuff first...hope it takes my plugin abuse now:D