Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Edit/Mix window follows bank selection broken…again?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381083)

ThomasHQ 05-19-2016 12:53 PM

Edit/Mix window follows bank selection broken…again??

Hi!
I originally wrote in the Pro Tools Control forum, but maybe it's better suited here.

After updating to Eucon 3.4, the Edit/Mix window follows bank selection has stopped working for me. Am I the only one with this problem?

I usually use an MC Control and two MC Mix, but my MC Control's touchscreen died last friday, so now I'm using the PT Control for iPad instead. the combo was working perfectly before updating. Same settings as before. Also updated to 12.5 to see if that would help, but no.

/Thomas

simonjewel 05-19-2016 01:05 PM

Re: Edit/Mix window follows bank selection broken…again??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasHQ (Post 2358215)
Hi!

I originally wrote in the Pro Tools Control forum, but maybe it's better suited here.

After updating to Eucon 3.4, the Edit/Mix window follows bank selection has stopped working for me. Am I the only one with this problem?

I usually use an MC Control and two MC Mix, but my MC Control's touchscreen died last friday, so now I'm using the PT Control for iPad instead. the combo was working perfectly before updating. Same settings as before. Also updated to 12.5 to see if that would help, but no.

/Thomas

Same here, I was just about to post ...MC control MC Mix x 2

mesaone 05-19-2016 01:55 PM

Bump - I'm eager to hear more info on this.

I haven't taken the plunge on my main workstation, mainly because Windows 7 isn't listed as supported by Eucon 3.4.

simonjewel 05-19-2016 01:57 PM

It would be really cool, if for once, they could do an update and test it before they release it imho.... Oh, I'm still wanting control room monitor to work!!

ThomasHQ 05-19-2016 02:00 PM

Ah ok…too bad it wasn't just something I done wrong then. It's too freaking sad that they have to go brake something that they finally managed to fix after so many years! :mad:

So…if you don't need the PT Control's new features, then stay away from this update!

guitarist9891 05-20-2016 10:34 AM

OSX 10.9.5
EuCon 3.4

Everything is working for me running PT12.4
In fact when I scroll on the iPad app in tracks view both my edit/mix windows scroll along. same thing for bank selection - everything follows the app.

ThomasHQ 05-20-2016 11:08 AM

Interesting! Have you tried using Layouts to bank channels? I always use layouts to bank 16 channels at the time, instead of banking 4 channels at the time.

I know that the mix/edit window follows when scrolling the channels on the iPad, but using layouts worked in 3.3.2. Now I have had to go back to add a "Scroll to track" macro to each layout to scroll to the first channel of each "layout bank" if you understand what I mean?

Interestingly enough, when I now tried the banking buttons on the MC Mix, it will only nudge one track at the time, no matter if I use the Nudge or Bank buttons! :confused:

Leverson 05-31-2016 05:02 PM

I'm having trouble with this as well, on both the PT Control app as well as my Artist Control. I know Edit/Mix window follows selection has a history of working/not working in various past updates.

When I select a track on the Artist Control touchscreen tracks mode, or the PT Control tracks mode, that track is selected.... but I'd love the edit window to jump to that track when it's selected off screen. This used to work at one point, and I thought maybe I screwed up a preference setting on my end somewhere, but I checked Edit Window (and Mix Window) Follows Bank Selection and it's still not working for either.

Eucontrol 3.4, Pro Tools 12.4, Mac 10.11.3 El Capitan

Kyle Splittgerber 06-01-2016 07:09 PM

This is confusing because it sort of worked in 3.3.2, but at the cost of an ugly bug. The bug was that when you have "Edit/Mix window follows bank selection" on in Pro Tools and “Auto Bank to Selected Track” on in EuControl Settings, selecting a track in Pro Tools that was not on the surface would cause the Pro Tools window to scroll that track to the top/left position of Mix/Edit window.

Essentially, a feedback loop was being created that made for a very frustrating experience because the Pro Tools window would be jumping around a lot. The benefit was that you could only enable "Mix window follows bank selection" in Pro Tools, and Pro Tools would bank the selected track on the surface into view. But, this is actually a totally accidental feature! And, we can't currently fix the jumping bug and allow for this feature where Edit/Mix window follows attentioned track. That being said, it is something that would be great to have, but we have to do it the right way.

Also, with "Edit/Mix window follows bank selection" on in Pro Tools and “Auto Bank to Selected Track” on in EuControl Settings, banking the surface will bank Pro Tools so your tracks are always in view. But, don't expect to then scroll Pro Tools, select a track on the surface that is not in view in Pro Tools, then have Pro Tools scroll back to place the selected track into view. That would be the new feature, "Edit/Mix window follows attentioned track".

alk3997 06-02-2016 10:37 AM

Kyle, first let me thank you for taking the time to answer these questions in this thread and the others.

I've held off upgrading my Artist Control/Mix units to the latest Eucon release because I don't want to give up the Pro Tool mix window auto-scrolling with my bank left/right selections on the Artist Mix. This function currently works with 12.5 and the Artist units on the older Eucon.

I haven't had time to study your detailed explanation, but my simple question is if I upgrade to the latest Eucon will the Pro Tools mix window still follow the bank left/right buttons on the Artist Mix?

I'd really like to upgrade for the new surround panner but have been holding off.

Andy