Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   cancelling bounce-to-disk will crash PT (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=242885)

digidesigner 03-31-2009 04:14 AM

cancelling bounce-to-disk will crash PT

I hardly ever use this feature as I usually mix thru outboard back to a stereo track, but I have been bouncing some demos for couple of days and both times I have had to stop it mid bounce to fix something that I forgot the Tools has crashed :( Anyone else?

DigiTechSupt 03-31-2009 09:30 AM

Re: cancelling bounce-to-disk will crash PT

When it crashes, what happens exactly? What type of drive are you bouncing to? Which drive are you playing back from? Have you tried trashing prefs and databases yet?

digidesigner 04-06-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1376150)
When it crashes, what happens exactly? What type of drive are you bouncing to? Which drive are you playing back from? Have you tried trashing prefs and databases yet?

Canceling with command+. resulted spinning beachball and a crash after couple of seconds. My audio drive is a 1TB WD Studio Edition on FW800 bus. I was bouncing to internal drive into a folder on desktop.

studiostuff 04-06-2009 03:08 PM

So, it sounds like you might save some time by just letting the "busted" bounce finish... then, throw it in the trash.

Then, do another bounce with your corrections.

Problem solved! ;-)

ghilfman 04-07-2009 11:59 PM

Over the years, I've encountered absolutely random crashes when using the "Bounce-to-disc" function. Typically, the crash occurs before the bounce begins. After rebooting, the same may, or may not occur. It is not drive specific & for the life of me, doesn't seem to correspond to any particular session configuration. Though I can't help with the problem .. know you're not alone.

DigiTechSupt 04-08-2009 12:02 PM

Do you have convert during or after bounce selected and, if you try the alternate, does it still crash?

Have you tried bouncing to a different drive? Does the same crash occur?

digidesigner 04-08-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1380591)
Do you have convert during or after bounce selected and, if you try the alternate, does it still crash?

Have you tried bouncing to a different drive? Does the same crash occur?

I had convert after bounce I guess.
I must say I almost never use that function as I mix thru outboard back to two audio tracks. I had to do some mixdowns and used the bounche function with cancelling 3 or 4 times and out of that there was 2 crashes. I just thought to let you know about this. I did not try anything further as I don't like to crash my sessions in a small fear they will get corrupt and not open again (had a session go bad for no reason not long ago).