Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Protools doesn´t save IO Preferences and other settings. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414219)

Fernando Fernández 02-23-2021 11:50 PM

Protools doesn´t save IO Preferences and other settings.

I have a problem with protools, in this version, protools doesn't save my preferences, I/O setup, recent projects, peripherals and I have to set every days, could you help me please?

Top Jimmy 02-24-2021 12:39 AM

Re: Protools doesn´t save IO Preferences and other settings.

It sounds like there might be a permissions issue. I would do a clean uninstall and then install Pro Tools again.

Fernando Fernández 02-24-2021 01:16 AM

Thanks for request me.

Which is the most better mode to unistall protools?

Darryl Ramm 02-24-2021 02:03 AM

Just run the installer there is no need to uninstall stuff. There is no uninstaller on Mac.

But before you do that have you tried just trashing preferences?

If this was happening to me I would look at the preferences files (the ones you would trash) and see what the create and modify dates are, what the owner/group and file permissions are and then trash then. And look at the owners/group permissions on the ~/Library/Application Support etc directories.

Fernando Fernández 02-24-2021 02:14 AM

I reinstalled again and I have the same problem... I saw the folders and I cannot see nothing bad.

I change the theme to dark but doesn´t change when restart protools. This is the problem, I change the preferences and don´t change.

musicman691 02-24-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando Fernández (Post 2594339)
I reinstalled again and I have the same problem... I saw the folders and I cannot see nothing bad.

I change the theme to dark but doesn´t change when restart protools. This is the problem, I change the preferences and don´t change.

What OSX are you running? Are you running as admin?

Fernando Fernández 02-24-2021 05:30 AM

Yes, I´m running like Admin and the OSX is 10.15.7

JFreak 02-24-2021 06:31 AM

Just one question. Are you always using same interface or swapping between built-in audio and interface? I have seen this behavior when you swap interfaces but if you keep using one and the same it should stay the same.

Also you can save your IO and reload, it makes it easier to swap between systems.

Fernando Fernández 02-24-2021 07:36 AM

Thanks for the request, The problem began when I changed my mac, I use in my study on line.

when I changed the protools version, shows this problems.

_JJ_ 02-24-2021 07:55 AM

Check System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General and see if there is a standing request to allow PT to install something. Unlock and allow if necessary.

Then while you're there look at the "Privacy" tab, scroll down to "Full Disk Access" and add ProTools there, or tick the box if it is already on the list but unticked.

Hope that works.