Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Pro Tools M-Powered 8 license not appearing on iLok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=363301)

mike.porter 01-19-2015 10:55 AM

Pro Tools M-Powered 8 license not appearing on iLok

Hi all. I have Pro Tools 8 M-Powered, and have just purchased the upgrade to 11 from Sweetwater. They are sending me a link to download it, and mailing me the iLok 2.

I understand I'll be surrendering my original license to get the upgrade. But after installing the iLok License Manager software, I don't see the Pro Tools 8 license, though I do see the original iLok in License Manager. When I run Pro Tools 8, as long as I have the iLok and M-Audio hardware plugged in, it just works, so surely the license is on it.

I want to make sure I have everything lined up so that when the iLok 2 arrives I'll be able to install the upgrade.

I have the original Pro Tools 8 product registration information card, in case that helps. Also, I did do a Yosemite upgrade, and used Migration Assistant to do it, in case that matters/is messing things up somehow. (8 still works in Yosemite, in case anyone was wondering, at least basic sessions.)

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Josh Voyles 01-19-2015 02:50 PM

Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 license not appearing on iLok

Before Pro Tools 9, you needed a proprietary interface and Pro Tools used that interface for authorization instead of an iLok license.

There should be no license and you should be using your hardware serial number for authorization.

bradch00 01-20-2015 12:19 AM

Actually M-Powered was different than Digidesign PT, it always used an iLok for licensing. When you log into iLok.com online do you see your M-Powered license?

Bruce Paine 01-20-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

I want to make sure I have everything lined up so that when the iLok 2 arrives I'll be able to install the upgrade.
Short answer:
Yes, it looks like you are all set. :-)

Long answer:
Your iLok account shows your Pro Tools M-Powered 8 license on your account, and activated (installed) on your original iLok.

When you get your iLok 2 and your upgrade, you will be getting an Activation Code for the upgrade. Just make sure that when you enter the activation code using the instructions you get with it that you enter your iLok User ID where the M-Powered license is located.

The upgrade will look on your account for the Pro Tools M-Powered license, and will ask you to insert the iLok where it is located in order to complete the upgrade.

Then you will activate (install) the new Pro Tools 11 Bundle on your iLok 2.

mike.porter 02-16-2015 12:06 PM

Thanks all. This worked the way Bruce said it would (and, yes, I did have a PT 8 license at iLok.com, but only because I had emailed their support and gave them my original PT M-Powered serial number; they had to do something manually to get it straightened out).