Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CD-Burning Question (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=76404)

Matt Whritenour 08-05-2003 04:06 PM

CD-Burning Question

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get that negative time on a cd using either Roxio Easy Cd Creator or using Nero. And I dont want silence I want to have a song in there. I saw in one of the threads that you can do it with CD Archictect but if i can do it with one of the programs I have then i would rather not spend the money. Also someone says they use wavelab to burn cds so I have wavelab too, if there is a way to use that..

thanks
matt

Datus 08-05-2003 10:59 PM

Re: CD-Burning Question

I was the one who mentioned CD Architect, in my experience that is the only program I have found to do it. Thats one reason why I got it.

Sorry

Calvin 08-05-2003 11:47 PM

Yes Wavelab will do it, I'm sorry I don't remember the exact process. Plus it's 2 am and I just want to go to bed. g'night

Matt Whritenour 08-06-2003 03:22 PM

i was searching in the help in wavelab for it but could not find anything. If you know what the name of its called can you let me know then i will search for that?...

Thanks for your help.

8mmOverdose 08-06-2003 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by luzer_kidd:
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get that negative time on a cd using either Roxio Easy Cd Creator or using Nero. And I dont want silence I want to have a song in there. I saw in one of the threads that you can do it with CD Archictect but if i can do it with one of the programs I have then i would rather not spend the money. Also someone says they use wavelab to burn cds so I have wavelab too, if there is a way to use that..

thanks
matt

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what do you mean by negative time?

neatguys 08-06-2003 04:31 PM

he wants to overlap tunes on the disc or at least get rid of the 2 sec gaps between tunes.Cd architect does this so easy.You just drag the tunes into each other and crossfades automaticly appear when you overlap a tune over the next or previous.

8mmOverdose 08-06-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by neatguys:
he wants to overlap tunes on the disc or at least get rid of the 2 sec gaps between tunes.Cd architect does this so easy.You just drag the tunes into each other and crossfades automaticly appear when you overlap a tune over the next or previous.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">so you mean you want "no space" between the songs.

is it one long file you want to split up? in wavelab you can just right click on the time line and insert the marker where you want it. or do you need to connect the songs together so they crossfade? you can do that by creating an audio montage in wavelab, and adding the files to it. whatever it is, it 'aint hard to do.

Matt Whritenour 08-06-2003 11:30 PM

no... its not a gap.. have you ever listened to a cd with like a secret song. and it says like track 2 but the time is -10 seconds just say and its a song. then it counts down to 0 and once it hits zero track 2 starts... and if ur on track 1 and skip to track 2 it wont play that negative time...

so basicly im looking for a hidden track.

Matt Whritenour 08-07-2003 12:33 AM

i thought of something that may work... i will try it and let you know if it works if u wanna know. im gonna try adding extra time to the begining(the length of how long the song is) of lets just say track 2, but it will be tottally silent... then at the end of track 1 i will have the actually song which will be 30 seconds long. then i do a 30 second cross fade. i dont know if this will work. i think it might but im not sure. i will test it out within a couple days

Matt Whritenour 08-07-2003 03:02 PM

i dont know what i was thinking when i wrote that last post. but i have an example... now i just have to hope someone has this cd so they can know what im talking about... On the Limp Bizkit 3dollar bill ya'll cd after track 9 it goes to track 10 but starts off at -1:27 and theres a song in there and the time counts down to 0:00 then once it hits 0:00 the time starts counting up into possitive numbers...Also if I am on Track 9 and skip to track 10 it will start at 0:00 and not -1:27... I hope thats a lot more clearer... cuz thats exactly what i wanna do