Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Ungrouping Tracks (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=299794)

perryr 04-23-2011 10:18 PM

Ungrouping Tracks

Left side of edit window is my track and groups list. I can click on a group to select a group of tracks, click again to ungroup. No troubles.

If I double click the color icon in my <ALL> group, it selects all tracks, but I can't seem to completely ungroup them? The track list (above the group list) continues to have all tracks grouped and I can't figure out how to ungroup them.

Thanks, Perry. PT9 HD, Mac Pro.

albee1952 04-24-2011 08:09 AM

Re: Ungrouping Tracks

Right-click on a group and select Modify Group. That gives a window where you can add/remove tracks from a group. Like you, I often poke around and see how far I get without the manual, but, eventually, you will want to dive in as there's a whole lot of stuff to learn:rolleyes::rolleyes:

perryr 04-24-2011 08:35 AM

My Mac Pro doesn't have a "right click mouse". But I used the "control-click" which does not do anything. If I use the groups drop down menu, "Modify Groups" is an option, but it is dark and not available.

I am in edit window. I double clicked the color icon in my <ALL> groups, which now shows all track names highlighted in white and the track list has all tracks greyed (selected). I cannot figure out how to get out of this.

I am reading a few PT books, and the manual.

Thanks, Perry

formfunction 04-24-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perryr (Post 1786334)
My Mac Pro doesn't have a "right click mouse".

You can fix that in OS prefs.. and there are some right-click specific commands..

danander11 04-24-2011 04:13 PM

Just stick a multi-button mouse on it.

perryr 04-25-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1786322)
Right-click on a group and select Modify Group

Right next to the Groups list is a drop down menu where I can see "Modify Group". But this choice is not available (greyed out).

There is something happening when I double click the color icon next to my <ALL> group. Try it, double click the color Icon and all your tracls turn white, and all are selected in the track lists. But I can't figure out how to get the tracks un-selected.

Thanks, Perry

danander11 04-25-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perryr (Post 1786896)
Right next to the Groups list is a drop down menu where I can see "Modify Group". But this choice is not available (greyed out).

There is something happening when I double click the color icon next to my <ALL> group. Try it, double click the color Icon and all your tracls turn white, and all are selected in the track lists. But I can't figure out how to get the tracks un-selected.

Thanks, Perry

Hold down CMND and click on one of the tracks. It will unselect that track. Click, (no cmnd), it again to to select that track only and de select all other tracks.

perryr 04-25-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1786914)
Hold down CMND and click on one of the tracks. It will unselect that track. Click, (no cmnd), it again to to select that track only and de select all other tracks.

There we go, Thanks!!

KroNEe 04-26-2011 09:02 PM

Yep, what he said. For once I would of been a DUC thread hero and was late to the party:D No but I rember when I had that problem and beat my head on a wall trying to overthink it, I can remember being quiet frustrated figuering that one out, and it is so simple once you know.... Bet you will not forget it now:-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1786914)

Reesho 02-06-2013 07:48 PM

Thank you! You just released me from several frustrating moments. Command-Click YES! I don't know whether PT is deliberately simplistically deceptive or we musicians are deliberately simply obtuse.