Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=240941)

SmithLeeProductions 03-06-2009 09:48 AM

Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of God, Digi, please in the next revision of ProTools allow locking of the TRIM tool. I've been asking for this for YEARS!

I'm so sick of going through and doing edits on a huge session and being SO ENTIRELY AGITATED when the trim tool switches to TCE, or the completely useless loop tool.:mad:

Not only did that NOT get added in 7/8, but you ADDED the loop tool.
This is why I don't use Sonar......TOO many features. That's what Apple D is for!

Anyway /end rant.

Justin

holden 03-06-2009 09:54 AM

Re: Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!!

+1
This is truly a ridiculous situation. I am constantly having to dodge the loop tool.

holden 03-06-2009 09:59 AM

See also thread
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=220608

Brandonx1 03-06-2009 10:00 AM

Do you think a quick key could fix this? Maybe a macro that selects the selector tool and then tabs over to the trim tool so that you never actually hit the trim button. So the trim button would never be hit/change it's tool function. I don't have quick keys yet but would gladly buy it if I could change the way the trim tool works currently.
Best,
Brandon

crizdee 03-06-2009 10:00 AM

I don't know why we can't have a simple lock-out function to disable any tools we don't need for specific jobs! the amount of time i accidently crossfade when i'm trying to edit and move regions around

Chris

barismanco123 03-06-2009 11:08 AM

Control clicking the shuffle mode button on PC locks that and I agree that this function should work accross the board as shuffle locking goes way back when we had like 2 levels of undo, why not expand on that idea and do it accross the board?

But Digi doesnt like to admit we dont use all it's features and that 1 or 2 are rubbish.

The Loop Trim Tools bugs me, if I wanna Loop I use Control + Alt + L......

Baris

Felix Rost 03-06-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 1363333)

Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!!

Who wants a trim tool modes pref?

Suggestion for Trim & Grabber Tools

petition for a lock-out mode for TCE trimmer tool

just SOME more...

Kenny Gioia 03-06-2009 11:35 AM

The way to do it (by Digidesign) is to make the tools switchable "ONLY" by clicking on them.

Then have a preference for each of them to work the current way if you want.

Individually. One for Zoom. One for Zoom. One for Grabber.

This way the Zoom can work the old way where double-clicking makes it zoom to the entire session.

mtung 03-06-2009 02:05 PM

I strongly share the sentiment of the Original Poster. I can't believe that we still have to deal with this. It's very disappointing. I can understand that digi can't make everyone happy, but I just have a hard time understanding how digi would overlook this. It's as if they don't even use their own product, and I know that they do. Anyone who uses this day in and day out surely has been seriously annoyed by this. OR am I wrong?

mike

mhmh 03-06-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtung (Post 1363540)
I strongly share the sentiment of the Original Poster. I can't believe that we still have to deal with this. It's very disappointing. I can understand that digi can't make everyone happy, but I just have a hard time understanding how digi would overlook this. It's as if they don't even use their own product, and I know that they do. Anyone who uses this day in and day out surely has been seriously annoyed by this. OR am I wrong?

mike

No, you´re not, I totally agree. I can´t believe they ignored all the requests for this.