Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Problem writing to CDR (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=63000)

Jonah 03-10-2002 02:13 PM

Problem writing to CDR

I'm told there's a PT bug that makes writing with certain burning software difficuilt - I use Nero and have to import tracks into a wave editor then resave them before they'll be recognized by the software. Something to do with file extension names. Is there a fix?

8mmOverdose 03-10-2002 02:32 PM

Re: Problem writing to CDR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jonah:
I'm told there's a PT bug that makes writing with certain burning software difficuilt - I use Nero and have to import tracks into a wave editor then resave them before they'll be recognized by the software. Something to do with file extension names. Is there a fix?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as i know, you already found the fix

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Stone Knife 03-10-2002 02:50 PM

I don't know about any PT bug- I bounce to disk then write 16 bit 44.1 stereo interleaved to CD thru EZ CD creator with no problem. It's gotta be the right sample rate and bitrate...

8mmOverdose 03-10-2002 03:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stone Knife:
I don't know about any PT bug- I bounce to disk then write 16 bit 44.1 stereo interleaved to CD thru EZ CD creator with no problem. It's gotta be the right sample rate and bitrate...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

stone knife- its a known bug with ptle and the nero software.

Stone Knife 03-10-2002 04:42 PM

Oh NERO! Well- Nevermind... Now IR NeroBug expert!
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

8mmOverdose 03-10-2002 04:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stone Knife:
Oh NERO! Well- Nevermind... Now IR big NeroBug expert!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparently with nero, you need to open the bounced wave files from ptle into a different editor then resave them before they'll be recognized by the burning software. as jonah stated, its something to do with file extension names. its a problem that has been on posted the DUC a few times, and now you are as much of a nerobug expert as i am stone knife!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Stone Knife 03-10-2002 04:51 PM

OK I'm a-addin' this one to the SK top 14 FAQ's..

JMS40 03-10-2002 04:53 PM

Should be in the top 5...
OK I'm a-addin' this one to the SK top 14 FAQ's..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stone Knife 03-10-2002 04:57 PM

You've got it!

Jonah 03-11-2002 10:43 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jonah:
I'm told there's a PT bug that makes writing with certain burning software difficuilt - I use Nero and have to import tracks into a wave editor then resave them before they'll be recognized by the software. Something to do with file extension names. Is there a fix?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>