Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295178)

S-ACU 02-21-2011 10:17 AM

SC48 D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Hello, this is my first Venue SC48, very good sound mixer, but to my surprise is when I see that the D-Show software with wifi, works with VNC (mirror software) That's one big step back for me.
We work with one desk on FOH driving PA and the monitors. A FOH engineer runs the PA on the control surface while the monitors engineer adjusts that mix through a tabletPC.
With my other Mixer (Yamaha) we can work without interruption and make the show faster
Please I hope you can solve this problem.
Should be easy for the software creator very comprehensive and good as Pro Tools and more.
Thanks and best regards.
Sorry for my bad English.

Limelight 02-21-2011 10:36 AM

Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

This is a good one for Ideascale. To have a way when VNC'd to the console to lock the console screen from changing when the tablet/iPad is controlling. To be in 2 places at one time so to speak. But I do think the mere functionality of a VNC conection will not allow this to happen, as you as simply remote controlling the console software, as you already know (mirror). THUS THE NEED FOR A STANDALONE IPAD APP. On the console you are able to be on the output page and adjust input settings on the rotary knobs etc. So it IS possible, but would require a standalone app to do. PLEASE AVID, this has been requested for quite some time!! Slight hints that this might be coming are flying around a bit. Any word Sheldon??

S-ACU 02-21-2011 10:57 AM

with our experience and your technology, step by step we can to make a perfect Venue, and everybody was happy.

Limelight 02-21-2011 11:20 AM

http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/a/dt...ace/18027-5162

Already requested....

S-ACU 02-21-2011 11:41 AM

Hi Limelight, I've seen the link, and I'm going to join it.
I hope comments of more users and make a good finish for this.

S-ACU 03-30-2011 09:15 AM

Does anyone have any idea or the same thing happens? Avid please do you have any news of a standalone software?
Thanks.

Howardk 04-07-2011 10:04 AM

I would love to learn the steps to Install and Remove VNC on a SC48/Profile so I can do the remote control thing on my iPad 2. Anything to be wary of?

I use a different console every day and it would really help with system setup such as tweaking front files, EQing the rig, cues when walking the room, etc. . .

What wi-fi router/hub are people having the best luck with on the road. I already carry any airport express, but it is usually setup to get me wifi in my hotel room for my computer/ipad/iphone. . .

Howardk 04-07-2011 10:26 AM

Ok, I just saw this: ECx Ethernet Option Software

What is the advantage of VNC versus using the solution Digidesign provides?

Tragic Dog 04-07-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howardk (Post 1779265)
Ok, I just saw this: ECx Ethernet Option Software

What is the advantage of VNC versus using the solution Digidesign provides?

That "solution" is the VNC server software that must run on the venue consoles in order to be able to be controlled via VNC. Among other things.

Howardk 04-07-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tragic Dog (Post 1779317)
That "solution" is the VNC server software that must run on the venue consoles in order to be able to be controlled via VNC. Among other things.

Ok, I am not sure how to interpret that. . . are you saying that VNC Server and the "ECx Erhernet Option Software" are exactly the same product or just that the two products do the same thing?
BTW, I have used VNC for about 10 years on both Macs and PCs as well as other similar products such as Windows Remote Desktop Connection or RAdmin, so I understand the concept. . . just trying to understand exactly what does work with the Venue products.