Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pages are not working correctly in PT Control (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401415)

robertg 10-08-2018 06:15 PM

Pages are not working correctly in PT Control

1 Attachment(s)
Eddie,

The page selector in Logic doesn't work for config mode. Here is an example in a new project (screenshot).

I entered config mode for the sends. There is only one yellow box to choose from. Meanwhile on my artist control, in config mode I can scroll all the way to the right to access all 256 buses, so that would imply that Apple is correctly communicating that info to Eucon.

The page selectors are problematic in various other ways. Can you confirm this bug?

EddieJones 10-11-2018 01:11 AM

Re: Pages are not working correctly in PT Control

I'll ask someone to look into it and get back to me

EddieJones 10-11-2018 02:24 PM

Yes our tester verified this is an issue. He wrote up a bug and it will get prioritized.

robertg 10-11-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2502451)
Yes our tester verified this is an issue. He wrote up a bug and it will get prioritized.

awesome, that's greatly appreciated

EddieJones 10-12-2018 12:03 AM

For ref its bug number GWSW-11846

BrianGasacao 10-25-2018 11:20 AM

Update: Still working on getting this fixed. We see it work fine in certain versions of Logic and not in others. What version of Logic are you using, Robert?

robertg 10-25-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianGasacao (Post 2503815)
Update: Still working on getting this fixed. We see it work fine in certain versions of Logic and not in others. What version of Logic are you using, Robert?

robertg 05-10-2019 04:37 PM

Here is another example of a bug that you guys acknowledged and prioritized, but has not been fixed.

Frankly, this would be a lot less painful if you updated Eucon more frequently.

EddieJones 05-10-2019 05:22 PM

Unfortunately we can't always fix 3rd party bugs in EUCON so no matter how many releases it wouldn't help with this one, which is in Logic. Apple have been made aware.

robertg 05-10-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2524969)
Unfortunately we can't always fix 3rd party bugs in EUCON so no matter how many releases it wouldn't help with this one, which is in Logic. Apple have been made aware.

Is this one a stalemate? If they introduced functionality (track stacks) that Eucon doesn't understand, so is it up to Eucon to adapt to this new type of track, or is it up to Apple to conform to the Eucon protocol?

If neither company budges, then we as the customer end up getting screwed, right?