Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Experienced Pro Tools User's (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=65939)

gavmac 07-30-2002 08:28 AM

Experienced Pro Tools User\'s

I am currently trying to set-up Pro Tools to allow me to change plug-in parameters using a Korg MS2000's knobs sending Midi CC messages.

I have gone into peripharals ( bad spelling ) and set the profile for the CS-10 midi controller. What I want to know is what CC messages do each individual plug-in parameter respond to ?? They must all be different but I can't see how you can find this info....

Please Help

Cheers

crs117 07-30-2002 09:07 AM

Re: Experienced Pro Tools User\'s

If i am not mistaken the only 2 controllers that are able to control digi specified parameters (pluggin controls and things similar), would be the control 24 digi console, and the mackie hui (and the soon to be released 002). the only other way that other digital consoles can access those parameters would be through some form of hui emulation.

i could be totally wrong but, i dont think digi wants any consoles other then their licensed ones to enjoy those priceless (in all seriousness) benifits.

Christian

Roy Howell 07-30-2002 09:13 AM

Hey Christian,
How's that hammer dulcimer coming? Do you get a chance to play it much?

~Roy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

sorry to interrupt, Gavmac... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

crs117 07-30-2002 09:20 AM

Its great, and thanks for asking roy. I will tell you that to sound good on the hammer dulcimeris one thing, but to actually be good is another. Its a really fun, and challenging instrument, and in the long run i am sure it will make me a better musician (although not much is required for that). I have been listening to a lot of Rich Mullens music, and he is a stud on the thing. I simply wish i had more time (band every weekend and most wed's, work, piano, guitar etc...).

Christian

Bastiaan 07-30-2002 11:07 AM

JLcooper cs-10 can also change the plugin-settings....and if you can program your machine, you should be able to get some control. Look in help/control-surfaces or something.

gavmac 07-30-2002 11:11 AM

Surely any control surface will use either CC's or Sysex to move plug-in parameters, so why can't you just use any thing that transmits these messages to control Pro Tools.

Bastiaan 07-30-2002 03:21 PM

You can, but you have to emulate one of the protocols supported by protools. The protocol for the jlcooper cs10 is the only one they published

Link to pdf-file with the cs-10 command set explained

Stone Knife 07-30-2002 04:13 PM

The Tascam US-428 will also work in PT

gavmac 07-31-2002 06:43 AM

Thankz I'll check them out....

minimoog 07-31-2002 09:50 AM

or you could buy a mac and select the appropriate device as controller in OMS.

makes it very easy, even if you can't run delay, eq and compression on 40 channels at once.