Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Help with plug ins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369830)

Jtws1993 07-14-2015 10:44 PM

Help with plug ins

So im Having trouble hearing desired plug ins when i arm a track. I can create it monitor sound ect but when i choose a digital effect i :confused:cant here it until i record something. So my Question is how do i arm and monitor tracks with these digital effects and be able to hear them?? Im Using an Akai Eie Pro im going direct in but i also have an amplifier with a record out as well any solutions greatly appreciated:confused:

mesaone 07-14-2015 11:07 PM

Re: Help with plug ins

USe an aux track instead of an audio track.

Jtws1993 07-14-2015 11:15 PM

Ill give it a try

Jtws1993 07-14-2015 11:25 PM

It didnt work

Jtws1993 07-15-2015 11:16 AM

Help with plug ins

i want to use my plug ins by plugging my amp into the interface but all i can hear is the original sound of my guitar. I cant here any of the plug ins until record i want to be able play around with the effects and monitor them before and after record not just hearing it during playback im plugged into my Left input 1 (mono) from a recording out in the amp and then my guitar is the amp . i can hear and record this for help with resolving the issue of not being able to hear my plug ins

Jtws1993 07-15-2015 11:31 AM

Help with plug ins

i want to use my plug ins by plugging my amp into the interface but all i can hear is the original sound of my guitar. I cant here any of the plug ins until record i want to be able play around with the effects and monitor them before and after record not just hearing it during playback im plugged into my Left input 1 (mono) from a recording out in the amp and then my guitar is the amp . i can hear and record this for help with resolving the issue of not being able to hear my plug ins

soybalm 07-15-2015 11:48 AM

if it is idle and the track is armed for recording, you should hear it. If you want to hear fx while play is engaged, you need to turn on the I button next to the record button in the track info. Otherwise, you may have clicked on the low latency thing in the options menu which would shut any plugin with a latency. Click it off. There may be other settings in preferences. You can also try going to the Setup/ i/o menu and click default for output and input tabs.

Jtws1993 07-15-2015 12:12 PM

so what would be the input output relationship its currently sett to in 1 out 1 mono left do i add the inserts next?? cant here them no matter what i try there al downloaded i just can here the effects i use mixcraft pro and its really good but i really want to learn pro tools as well its just way overly complicated and mixcraft is on the other end too simple (sigh thank you though )

Jtws1993 07-15-2015 12:13 PM

also low latency is off i simply cannot here my plug ins i can adjust them and everything but i get absolutley no signal from them my guitar sounds clean and ready to be modified

Jtws1993 07-15-2015 12:18 PM

so i got hit play and now i can here it why so much just to do this in my mixcraft pro 7 i just hit arm/monitor and anything i have downloaded is easily applied and theres not much a difference to me ones just super simple and pro tools overtly overcomplex