Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   can't play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbox (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=155887)

Bassman3141 12-27-2005 02:04 PM

can\'t play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbox

1) I cannot play WinXP system sounds thru my Mbox. They continue to go thru my sound card. I have run the Digi MME Helper to assign programs to the WaveDriver. But I don't know which app/dll controls my system sounds, so I don't know what to add.

2) Also, when I play music, it gets successfully routed to iTunes and the Mbox, but the resultant audio is distorted. It sounds like it's behind a fan (i.e. choppy).

I have the Mbox set as my default sound hardware in Control Panel->Sounds & Audio Device->Audio tab.

Software:
PT LE ver. 6.1.1
iTunes ver 6.0.1.3

6figgas 12-27-2005 08:36 PM

Re: can\'t play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbox

Have to change to MBox to be your audio interface in Quicktime, reboot and your done. A quick search on this topic would have answered that for you. Question already asked.
** Cant listen to itunes and have Protools open at the same time and vise versa**

Good luck!

xqtion 12-27-2005 10:33 PM

Re: can\'t play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbox

I don't know if this is will do it for non HD system but here is the procedure I got from DigiCS.

Quote:

Which version of Quicktime do you have installed? There are known issues with Quicktime 7 that we're working on.

In the meantime, this may help:

Verify that the "Safe mode (waveOut only)" option is enabled in the QuickTime Player 7 Preferences. (QuickTime 7 is installed by iTunes 6)

The procedure below was tested successfully with iTunes 6.0.1.3, QuickTime 7.0.3 and QuickTime Player 7.0.3

01.: QUIT iTunes 6 (this is really important - make sure that the Customer does indeed quit iTunes. The changes will not have any effect until iTunes is relaunched)
02.: Open QuickTime Player 7 software (there is usually a shortcut to it in the system tray)
03.: in the Edit menu, choose Preferences -> QuickTime Preferences
04.: Click on the "Audio" Tab
05.: In the "Devices" section at the top, verify that "Safe mode (waveOut only)" is enabled. If it is not, tick the checkbox to enable it.
06.: click "Apply"
07.: click "OK"
08.: quit QuickTime Player 7 software
09.: Launch iTunes 6

--------------------
Digi Tech Support

Bassman3141 12-28-2005 04:03 PM

Re: can\'t play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbo

Safe Mode wwas the key. It works on LE systems also.

Thank you!

Bassman3141 12-28-2005 04:06 PM

Re: can\'t play XP system sounds or iTunes thru Mbo

I don't think so. A quick read of my post would have revealed the Mbox as my default playback hardware. Keep your editorials to yourself.