Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   HD6 vs HDX2 "ITB" Listening Challenge (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330159)

Tom Graham 10-29-2012 05:36 PM

HD6 vs HDX2 "ITB" Listening Challenge

Hey Guys,

As promised, we are posting a pair of mixes for you to download, listen to and then respond with what you've heard. It won't be live until Thursday night (due to the storm and also because I needed to create the thread here to link to on the pages for "Join the discussion"). So let's make this DUC thread be the main one to link back too.

It's a great song from the band The Lostprophets and mixed by producer/engineer Ken Andrews all 'in-the-box'. We thank them both for their time and generosity. Ken really put some hours into this, inspired from our Shipley experiment at The Firehouse we did back in May which he attended. He discussed trying a version of the test without the converters being in play and I thought it was a great idea. Ken has also graciously accepted our request to participate here in the forums and answer your questions.

I hope you'll enjoy this listening challenge, they usually are a good point for all of us to engage in a quality dialogue... Please fill out the survey after you've listened to the files, that way we can aggregate everyone's feedback with statistics. Check back on Thursday!

http://www.avid.com/hdx-challenge

Best and Thanks,
Tom

Craig F 10-29-2012 06:33 PM

Re: HD6 vs HDX2 "ITB" Listening Challenge

I'm getting: 404 page not found

Tom Graham 10-29-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig F (Post 1976688)
I'm getting: 404 page not found

As I said above, the pages go live Thursday.

Sorry for the early launch here on the DUC, I needed to generate the thread for the web team to link to, (and a little pre-hype doesn't hurt either!) :rolleyes:

Thanks!
T

Craig F 10-29-2012 07:08 PM

so your expecting us to read the post before clicking the link:D

Tom Graham 10-29-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig F (Post 1976694)
so your expecting us to read the post before clicking the link:D

LOL - got it.. I'm guilty of that for sure... I edited it to make it bold for now...
Thanks.

Fidelis 10-29-2012 08:35 PM

Cool! Subscribed!

Tom Graham 11-01-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Graham (Post 1976680)
Hey Guys,

As promised, we are posting a pair of mixes for you to download, listen to and then respond with what you've heard. It won't be live until Thursday night - due to the storm and also because I needed to create the thread here to link to on the pages for "Join the discussion"... So let's make this DUC thread be the main one to link back too...

The listening challenge pages are live now guys, thanks for your patience... Ken will be monitoring the thread as well, he's mixing the new Paramore record 'ITB' as we speak!

Happy listening... and as always, very curious to hear what your hear!

Best,
Tom

Craig F 11-01-2012 08:41 PM

Won't let me in, because I don't wan't/need to talk to a rep right now. We already have an upgrade quote in hand.

RCN 11-01-2012 09:30 PM

Won't let me either...

Raoul23 11-02-2012 12:25 AM

Now going to take the challenge. Must say i love the last Lost Prophets album. As I'm a big fan of Paramore i really can't wait for this record Ken!!!! It's going to be ACE i suspect. :-)

Thanks Tom for putting together this challenge going to be an interesting one to listen to