Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Oddness with PT|Control (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404607)

michael c 05-10-2019 10:08 AM

Oddness with PT|Control

Installed new ProTools 2019.5 and the new Eucon version and have some odd things going on with the PT|Control ap.

Love that you can scroll to tracks, but it disables the 'play' on my spacebar Mac keyboard. It also won't let me highlight a track in the Edit window or Mix window on my studio monitor; it makes that track I click on jump to the top of the Edit window but it doesn't highlight. If I click on a clip now in my edit window (on my studio monitor with a trackball) it makes that clip jump to a different selection.

None of the tool selector short cuts work on the Mac keyboard; you have to use a trackball or mouse to select things.

So if you use the PT|Control does it make your Mac keyboard unusable if that particular thing is available on the Ap?

Kind of confusing? Or do I have it set up incorrectly?

Thanks.

Achim_Kiel 05-10-2019 10:15 AM

Re: Oddness with PT|Control

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael c (Post 2524882)
Installed new ProTools 2019.5 and the new Eucon version and have some odd things going on with the PT|Control ap.

Love that you can scroll to tracks, but it disables the 'play' on my spacebar Mac keyboard. It also won't let me highlight a track in the Edit window or Mix window on my studio monitor; it makes that track I click on jump to the top of the Edit window but it doesn't highlight. If I click on a clip now in my edit window (on my studio monitor with a trackball) it makes that clip jump to a different selection.

None of the tool selector short cuts work on the Mac keyboard; you have to use a trackball or mouse to select things.

So if you use the PT|Control does it make your Mac keyboard unusable if that particular thing is available on the Ap?

Kind of confusing? Or do I have it set up incorrectly?

Thanks.

Did you install Eucon 19.5? Should be available at your Avid account.

Achim_Kiel 05-10-2019 10:17 AM

Did you install Eucon 19.5? Should be available at your Avid account.

michael c 05-10-2019 10:46 AM

Yes. Installed latest Eucon software...

BScout 05-10-2019 11:44 AM

Sounds like something is resting on a key on your keyboard or other input device (like a book or a cat sitting on the enter key.) Ie, there's something physically wrong in your setup right now.

Ed Douglas 05-10-2019 01:56 PM

More EuControl oddness;

In channel mode, I used to select an insert and have those windows open and follow as I moved up and down the tracks with the "p" or ":" keys. Now after a few moves down, even though the track name & selection is correct in PT|Control, The plug in window opened is off by one, then goes away entirely as I continue to select other tracks.

Definitely BUSTED in PTU 2019.5 and EuControl 19.5 under MacOS 10.13.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

E>

EddieJones 05-10-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Douglas (Post 2524930)
More EuControl oddness;

In channel mode, I used to select an insert and have those windows open and follow as I moved up and down the tracks with the "p" or ":" keys. Now after a few moves down, even though the track name & selection is correct in PT|Control, The plug in window opened is off by one, then goes away entirely as I continue to select other tracks.

Definitely BUSTED in PTU 2019.5 and EuControl 19.5 under MacOS 10.13.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

E>

That does sound like an issue, we will try and reproduce here.

Ed Douglas 05-10-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2524931)
That does sound like an issue, we will try and reproduce here.

Thanks Eddie.

Trashing ProTools prefs didn't seem to help.

Gotta say I LOVE the EuCon functionality in general, even if I'm just using it with my iPad Pro. 👍🏽

EddieJones 05-10-2019 02:37 PM

Yes, confirmed here as a bug. Sorry, we'll fix next release. (and it won't be anywhere near as long as this one!)

Gordon Hookailo 05-10-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2524936)
Yes, confirmed here as a bug. Sorry, we'll fix next release. (and it won't be anywhere near as long as this one!)

Hey Eddie,

Just confirming I'm seeing the same thing here.

Cheers!