Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Trillian crashing pro tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366174)

gladf7 03-28-2015 01:35 PM

Trillian crashing pro tools

My PT11 is crashing at about ~8:00 minutes with Trillian only. It runs other big plugins such as Superior drummer, Session Horns etc with no problems. Trillian is also running on PT10 with no issues. I could run on PT10 but I really dig the feel of PT11 please help!
I have been fighting this for about 3 months. I have verified all of my Mac settings for PTs. I have reloaded Trillian and Protools.

Chief Technician 03-28-2015 03:41 PM

Re: Trillian crashing pro tools

Do you have the most recent release of Trillian? Have you reported the problem to them? What are your system specs?

Audiofarm 03-28-2015 03:47 PM

Trillian crash my PT11 too. Rock solid without it in the sessions. If it's there it will crash. Latest version. PT 11.3.1.

gladf7 03-28-2015 04:03 PM

2009 Mac Pro Dual Quad core, 2, 1 T drives, System & write, 24 Gigs of ram PT 10 & 11.3.1, PreSonus FireStudio interface
No I have not reported it to Trillian, yes I have updated Trillian. This is not happening on PT8 or 10. You guys should have my crash records
Can you access them?
Thxs for the Quic reply
Gladu

take77 03-28-2015 04:57 PM

Just purchased PT 11 just over a month ago and using the latest version with current Trilian update on an i5 (first gen) Windows 7 laptop. Finished two projects no crashes.

I do get a CPU alert ONCE upon hitting playback just after load up. Then I hit play again and it's fine for the session.

No crashes thus far with up to 2 instances on an i5 W7 laptop with 4GB RAM.
Although projects with Trilian do slow my PT session load time (understandable).

Audiofarm 03-28-2015 05:22 PM

I do a lot of fast editing. I'm pretty sure it goes down when PT does auto-save combined with busy editing.

Chief Technician 03-28-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladf7 (Post 2247750)
You guys should have my crash records
Can you access them?

Avid may have your crash records. I do not. I am not on Avid's payroll. I will ask a super-mod about this.

gladf7 03-28-2015 05:47 PM

Than you very much I am planning on getting some Avid tech support Monday. But if you get any leads please post them. I will check here several times tomorrow
Gladu

gladf7 03-29-2015 07:14 AM

I ment to say thanks
My old keyboard on my mac does not have a "k"
G

philgrab 03-29-2015 09:15 AM

Yes, I have Trillian crashing in PT11.3.1 too. In an i7 Intel machine with 8GB of Ram. If I hit the multi button it's pretty much guaranteed it will go down. So I don't use that feature. Have had a few other places it crashes as well but not as consistently. Might have something to do with not being stable with other VIs.

I have been able to get it to work enough to squeeze some acoustic bass out of it. Only VI that does this and Omnisphere is fine by the way. I loaded the bass sounds from Trillian into Omnisphere and got them to work there. Another work around was to only unload all other VIs and run Trillian alone.

Let us know how Spectrasonics responds.

Before anyone asks, I have the latest drivers for everything on my computer. sound card, video, network and motherboard. Also the Spectrasonics latest version and library.