Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   What Dock Wheel Functions for Logic Pro X? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401613)

sjgam 10-23-2018 08:48 AM

What Dock Wheel Functions for Logic Pro X?

Just got a dock and trying to get into flow with it and Logic Pro X and looking at Eucontrol Softkey Settings.

Only been able to get wheel to do Zoom Horizontal and Vertical and Shuttle and Jog - that came loaded with firmware.

Want to move region selections, locators points for loops and the loop and punch in locators and punch in region.

And like to know anything else that is possible with wheel in Logic.

Also like to know which physical buttons and shift/buttons are associated with wheel.

Any tips welcome as I ramp up.

sjgam 10-23-2018 09:26 AM

Re: What Dock Wheel Functions for Logic Pro X?

I see poking around now that some of these wheel functions are in the bottom two rows of 16 softkeys.

Was wondering what buttons on the right of the wheel can be associated with wheel movement for Logic Pro X as they are handier by the wheel.

Again tips welcome.

sjgam 10-23-2018 06:43 PM

Well digging deeper and I see if in Eucontrol Settings and Soft Keys and you can assign specific wheel commands to the right edit keys beside the wheel. Seems to be working in Logic. So set up nudging selection and punch in and locator/loops to wheel in addition to zooming and jog, shuttle and scrub.

Touch strips went with arrow keys for vertical and opening and closing Mixer, Instrument Plugins and Library for horizontal.

When you combine them with ipad softkey pages and the 16 soft buttons under iPad its a dizzying amount of choices to adopt to your workflow - good problem to have.

Jazzbass56 01-14-2019 11:18 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the dock works with Logic Pro X
I now write my Orchestral type music in Logic, and the dock has made getting around Logic so much better, and the ability to assign edit commands is wonderful.
I highly recommend using the Dock with Logic

sjgam 01-22-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzbass56 (Post 2512576)
I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the dock works with Logic Pro X
I now write my Orchestral type music in Logic, and the dock has made getting around Logic so much better, and the ability to assign edit commands is wonderful.
I highly recommend using the Dock with Logic

I agree - I am new to dock and mix with logic but enjoying it (Also have Apollo Twin MKII like yourself)

Care to share what softkeys/touch strips you set up on the Dock for Logic?

Lazurits 07-08-2021 01:29 PM

After some time. Is it worth investing in Dock if I use only Logic Pro X?
Do all the functions now work as they should?

Yamaoka86 09-05-2021 12:26 AM

Hi there, is it possible to assign the jog wheel to vertical scrolling in logic without any key I the right edit section activate? For now the wheel does nothing without while on idle.