Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Catalina (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406579)

cqd 10-03-2019 10:57 AM

Catalina

Just wondering..

With all the 'do not update' emails I'm getting about Catalina..(I'm on windows 10)..

If I do renew my Pro tools in the coming months, is it going to be another year of no updates, where all their energy is just being focused on getting it working with the new OS..so those of us with windows don't get much for our yearly subscription..

JFreak 10-03-2019 11:51 AM

Re: Catalina

Apple has released a new OS yearly for so long time already so you should kind of know how it goes

jasonkalman 10-03-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqd (Post 2540207)
Just wondering..

With all the 'do not update' emails I'm getting about Catalina..(I'm on windows 10)..

If I do renew my Pro tools in the coming months, is it going to be another year of no updates, where all their energy is just being focused on getting it working with the new OS..so those of us with windows don't get much for our yearly subscription..

Yes :rolleyes:

Drew Mazurek 10-03-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Just wondering..

One could flip this to say that ever since Avid supported PT on Windows (it used to be Mac only for those that don't know) it's been all down hill from there. :-)

JFreak 10-04-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2540268)
One could flip this to say that ever since Avid supported PT on Windows (it used to be Mac only for those that don't know) it's been all down hill from there. :-)

Yes but you shouldn't say that.. shhs... :D:D:D

Drew Mazurek 10-04-2019 04:31 AM

Ahh, ok. Please erase..... :D

JFreak 10-04-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2540273)
Ahh, ok. Please erase..... :D

Nope. Still haven't found a good reason to replace my DigiDesign interfaces with Avid-branded ones :cool:

ramonetl 10-07-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Just wondering..

I used to bear the grudges being a windows guy over the mac centric stuff but once I flipped to mac in my studio I do have to say it just all runs better. Is mac better than windows? No way. Just different but more stuff is geared to it and everyone I worked with was on mac so that was that. But that said, the whole sidecar feature for an ipad to extend the monitor is about the only thing that got my attention. Good for travel. Oh and supposedly killing off to some degree itunes. Short of that you are not really missing anything. Given how they basically doubled the subscription model, if you are not invested in eucon stuff you might as well shop the competition. Cakewalk, Studio One and Digital Performer are all well regarded and I think Fruity Loops never charges for future upgrades. I have looked hard at DP and SO but am invested in Eucon at the moment. But we will see after I get hammered on my renewal this month. I am committed for a year but after who knows.

Eric Lambert 10-09-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Just wondering..

None of us knows, but probably yes.

JFreak 10-09-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2540785)
None of us knows, but probably yes.

Might also be that some of that work was accomplished in 2019.5 release so as you said nobody knows