Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   License disappeared (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402408)

TCM 12-12-2018 04:53 AM

License disappeared

Dear Jeffro,
In my studio I run PT Ultimate, just renewed for 2019, and I also have an institutional license because I manage five PT workstations at a school, which I also renewed for 2019.
I am on the road right now, where my job is to edit several audio files. For my traveling I have used a Windows 10 laptop with Pro Tools 11.3.2 installed connected to an ilok with a perpetual license which I didn't renew for 2017.
For the past two years everything was working without any problems, even this Monday and Tuesday. Today, I downloaded RX Elements (which I needed to clean up a file) and updated my Ilok manager software and suddenly Protools didn't find any authorization anymore and couldn't start.
I was desperate to finish a part of a job and so I downloaded the renewed institutional license on to my ilok. Still not working. So I moved it back to the ilok cloud.
I called Customer support and they said moving the institutional license to my ilok surrendered my previous license for 11.3.2 - although in my perception the license was somehow no longer there before (maybe the update of the ilok manager caused problems?).
So how do I get my old perpetual license back? The customer rep said I needed to purchase a new PT license??? Which is a bit outrageous in my books. But she couldn't help me further. At least she send me a temporary license to be able to finish my work for the rest of the week. I am grateful for that!!! Case number: 03611123
But is there really no way that I get my license back, which I paid for in the past?
By the way, the RX Elements ilok assets, which I moved there, are not recognized as well. Although the temporary PT license has been recognized.

I have been with PT since 6.9.
Thanks for any help.
Thomas

jeffro 12-12-2018 08:19 AM

Re: License disappeared

Can investigate further to figure out what happened, but I do see you have an iLok2 with a Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12+I/O) as well as a Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12). The latter is redundant, so could be moved to your other iLok/system instead. Will follow up on your case.

TCM 12-13-2018 12:23 AM

Thank you very much, Jeffro!
I appreciate your help.

jeffro 12-18-2018 08:54 PM

Don't see your reply to that case, so if this is still an open issue please reply to the case notice email to update the case. Reply here if you have any trouble with that, thanks!

TCM 12-20-2018 07:41 AM

Sorry, Jeffro, I am right now down with a flu.

Hope to crawl out of bed soon.

Thanks
Thomas

jeffro 12-20-2018 11:58 AM

Oh no, sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon and will keep an eye out for a response on your case.

TCM 12-29-2018 08:09 AM

Hi Jeffro,

I am back with the living!

Thanks for your patience!
First of all, thanks to your customer support for giving a temporary license. That saved my @ss, I could finish my job.

Second some history of my licenses:
I started with a 002R with a regular PT license.
I additionally bought an Mbox2 with a PT license for my work on the road and in a school.
Then I bought a HD I/O and a native card with an HD license.
So alll in all I should have three licenses.
I didn't renew two of the regular licenses and I did one of them as an educational because my work for a school with five PT native workstations.

I keep a run out license (2016) on my ilok ( where I keep my ultimate license.
The second PT native license (not renewed) was on my "traveling" ilok. It has worked for more than two years on the road!

But on my last job, there was a Windows update going on and I installed the latest ilok manager software, and after that I couldn't start PT anymore.

Maybe you could shed some light on this. Thanks for your efforts, Jeffro.

Thomas

jeffro 12-29-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCM (Post 2511030)
...I am back with the living!
Thanks for your patience!
First of all, thanks to your customer support for giving a temporary license. That saved my @ss, I could finish my job.

Glad to hear you're better and that the temp license helped.
Quote:

Second some history of my licenses:
I started with a 002R with a regular PT license.
I additionally bought an Mbox2 with a PT license for my work on the road and in a school.
Then I bought a HD I/O and a native card with an HD license.
So alll in all I should have three licenses...
Thanks for the info, will follow up via support case.