Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   What kind of tracks are these? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399844)

Steve Garman 06-18-2018 03:40 PM

What kind of tracks are these?

1 Attachment(s)
I have tried to make a new track that is like these but every category I chose is not these. They have no fader knobs and only an input and rec switch. I want to use these in a new session but I can only duplicate them in this session and can't figure out what they are so I can make a new one in a new session from scratch. Do these look familiar? Thanks for any help. Picture is attached.

Tweakhead 06-18-2018 05:35 PM

Re: What kinf of tracks are these?

They are stereo audio tracks, each of which has its output assigned to a mono bus. They have their "Input Monitor" button engaged, and a test signal (probably timecode, judging by the name) is being sent to their left input channel (ie input #3 of your audio interface)

Why . . . only you can explain ;-)

Muddy-T 06-18-2018 06:48 PM

Re: What kinf of tracks are these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweakhead (Post 2491902)
They are stereo audio tracks, each of which has its output assigned to a mono bus.

Exactly! This explains why you're not seeing any PAN controls.

(I'm assuming that is the issue here..?)

T

K Roche 06-19-2018 11:43 AM

Re: What kind of tracks are these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Garman (Post 2491892)
I have tried to make a new track that is like these but every category I chose is not these. They have no fader knobs and only an input and rec switch. I want to use these in a new session but I can only duplicate them in this session and can't figure out what they are so I can make a new one in a new session from scratch. Do these look familiar? Thanks for any help. Picture is attached.

As Tweekhead said they are "stereo audio" tracks BUT the output is assigned to a mono bus
I am a little bit confused , because they actually do have "Fader Knobs " they are the red rectangular buttons sitting at 0 db in the slider scale.
I am guessing the problem you are having recreating them is PT is probably defaulting to the stereo main outs for any new stereo audio tracks, so you will have to create the tracks then select a mono bus from the dropdown when you click on the output selector button.

Also note they are Input monitoring engaged and are record armed (thus the red faders )

Tweakhead 06-19-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Roche (Post 2491985)
snip . . . I am a little bit confused , because they actually do have "Fader Knobs " they are the red rectangular buttons sitting at 0 db in the slider scale.

I think he simply used the wrong terminology in his original post. I am guessing that he was actually referring to the missing "Pan Pots" (because of the direct mono assignment), and instead mistakenly called them "Fader Knobs".

K Roche 06-20-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweakhead (Post 2492015)
I think he simply used the wrong terminology in his original post. I am guessing that he was actually referring to the missing "Pan Pots" (because of the direct mono assignment), and instead mistakenly called them "Fader Knobs".

Ah, yes the internets can be communication challenged ;)