Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bouncing Issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=335898)

McLuckie 03-16-2013 01:19 PM

Bouncing Issues

Hi Everyone,

I really hope someone can help me out here. I am completely bamboozled by this problem. Thanks to everyone in advance that may have a solution.

I have just finished a remix in Protools. I have bounced it out analog outputs 1-2. Every track within my session is routed to outputs 1-2. When I am bouncing out I can hear the track perfectly.

However when I listen back to the bounced mix it's missing one thing, and that's my external reverb unit. I am using the adat in and out to route to my external reverb unit. And the aux input track that my reverb returns to, the output of that is routed to analog outputs 1-2.

Why when I am bouncing out is it not bouncing out my reverb even though I have routed the reverb channel to the same output as everything else and I can even hear the reverb whilst the session is bouncing out.

This is driving me mad.

I have tried routing everything to outputs 3-4 and the reverb bounces out. However I can't then hear my mix when it's bouncing out and the reverb then seems to be louder for some reason when listening back to the bounce.

I'm using a 002 rack.

:confused:

Ben Jenssen 03-16-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Bouncing Issues

Hi. Welcome to the DUC.
Strange problem.
You shure you're selecting the right source in the bounce dialogbox?

Anyway, it ought to be easily circumvented by recording to a new track inside the session, and then exported in any format. Route every thing to a track and record it. Many people prefer it to bouncing. It has many advantages.

McLuckie 03-16-2013 08:24 PM

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply.

Yip, I'm 100% selecting the correct output in the bounce dialogue.

I've now sent all my tracks including the master to an unused stereo bus and recorded my mix to a new track. This has all my tracks including my external reverb unit.

I'm still very puzzled by this. If there are any other suggestions they're more than welcome. Or is there anyone from Avid who can look into this?

Makes no sense whatsoever as whatever you hear when bouncing out should be what's being bounced.

Thanks.

crizdee 03-18-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLuckie (Post 2016285)
Hi Ben, thanks for your reply.

Yip, I'm 100% selecting the correct output in the bounce dialogue.

I've now sent all my tracks including the master to an unused stereo bus and recorded my mix to a new track. This has all my tracks including my external reverb unit.

I'm still very puzzled by this. If there are any other suggestions they're more than welcome. Or is there anyone from Avid who can look into this?

Makes no sense whatsoever as whatever you hear when bouncing out should be what's being bounced.

Thanks.

Hi,

When youre doing the bounce to disk can you see the outboard working? the meters showing input and output etc.

Try a new session with just 2 tracks! 1. audio. 2.Aux with reverb. No master track or mix bus etc just the 2 tracks. Try bouncing this test and see what happens.

Chris

zedhed 03-18-2013 06:39 PM

Is the verb unit setup in the I/O menu as a Hardware Insert? You may want to look at the PT Reference Guide at 'Hardware Inserts'.

The Weed 03-19-2013 10:06 AM

Do you have LLM turned on? If so, do the bounce with LLM unchecked.

Cheers,

McLuckie 04-12-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weed (Post 2016939)
Do you have LLM turned on? If so, do the bounce with LLM unchecked.

Cheers,

Hi Weed. Thanks very much for your help. It was the Low Latency Monitoring enabled.

Much appreciated.

Jamie

The Weed 04-12-2013 06:51 PM

Glad I could help.

Cheers,