Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   -9129 errors on HD NATIVE MBP QUAD CORE (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=321569)

Cryos 04-23-2012 05:25 AM

-9129 errors on HD NATIVE MBP QUAD CORE

Heres the message i keep getting:
Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem. (-9129)

I realize I'm not alone regarding this error, weird thing is it seems to me that this just started to occur since updating to 10.1.1.
At any rate I'm so far not completely disabled as a result of this error, what I'm Hopi g for is AVID to get thier act together and fix this!

Would AVID like to chime in and let us know what's up win all this?
Interestingly when I run the same rig with my Presonus fire face lightpipe interface I don't get the errors!

Protools HD 10.1.1, MBP, HD NATIVE, Omni interface.

shanew 04-23-2012 05:36 AM

Re: -9129 errors on HD NATIVE MBP QUAD CORE

I've also noticed an increase of these errors since 10.1.1. What I'm noticing with mine is that I generally get the error when i'm about to adjust the Waves SSL plugin on my second screen.

adassumpcao 04-23-2012 06:17 AM

Hi guys,

I confirm that this is a problem, even on Windows (my case), I also have a quad core (and an UAD Quad Card). It was driving me nuts!!!

After intensive testing and tryouts, what I've done to minimize and totally eliminate this problem, was to "super tune" my PC, and disable almost everything from startup, that might be interrupting the CPU. Also I had to set the scheduler options for ProTools process has a "Real Time" process.

Another thing I had to do was to configure Pro Tools to only user 2 Cores (instead of 4) with 80% usage. This guaranteed that if any other process interrupted the CPU or even the GUI of Protools demanded for CPU it wouldn't affect audio processing. It worked out really nice.

After this I never had problems, even with super heavy sessions (>100 plugins) and Host Processing at 70%.

The only problem I always have to be careful (and this only happens to me as it seems) is with Sansamp plugin. Sometimes a random instance of this plugin (when it does is always the same one) triggers a -9129 error. The only alternative I have to be able to export the project without audio drop outs this case, is to bounce the affected track e disable that plugin instance (I have a thread here on this issue). But after the hole tune I've done, this is still the only situation I have a -9129 error.

It's obvious that there is something very wrong with PT10, when even people with 12-core CPUs have an insane amount of -9129 errors. I hope AVID really invest on stabilizing PT10 version really soon! This is crazy to spend huge amounts of time, trying to debug ProTools every update, just to be able to work.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Artur

Cryos 04-23-2012 06:47 AM

Like I mentioned, these errors don't appear when I use my presonus fireface lightpipe unit, go figure!

I set up my MBP to use 7 out of 8 chips and leave one strictly for mac BG processes.
The other thing i recently did was send an adat clock signal into the omni,( regardless of the fact that I keep the omni in INTERNAL SYNC all the time) initially i just had the adat out going into my other HD rig; ever since i did this error messages seem to have subsided. I'll keep you posted.