Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PROTOOLS FOR TIGER TODAY!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=137711)

charko 05-25-2005 08:13 AM

PROTOOLS FOR TIGER TODAY!!

Hey, has anyone taken the plunge into 6.9.2 for Tiger?
How is it working? Let us know!
-Charko

www.leaflinkproductions.com

Vaphoron 05-25-2005 08:24 AM

Re: PROTOOLS FOR TIGER TODAY!!

Its working here and I haven't had any problems yet. The coolest thing about PT on Tiger is the Spotlight search box available right in the open session and import audio windows.

charko 05-25-2005 08:43 AM

How about Waves plugins? or others for that matter? Do they seem to work fine in Tiger?
-Charko

lancejorton 05-25-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

How about Waves plugins? or others for that matter? Do they seem to work fine in Tiger?
-Charko

Yes, I'd like to know if Waves V4 works with Tiger. I don't have the $$ for WUP and don't want to upgrade if it will break V4 plugs. Thanks.

--
lance

Chris Lambrechts 05-25-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

-Charko

all my plugins are working just fine ... including the waves I had running in 6.9 / 10.3.8

The only 'real' issue I have found is with machfive ... a graphical issue where the M5 UI will not display whatever preset or library is chosen ... but it does work. Motu has announce an upcoming rtas update for tiger on it's website.

Wolfgang Eller 05-26-2005 02:49 AM

Quote:

all my plugins are working just fine ... including the waves I had running in 6.9 / 10.3.8

Is it V4 or V5 you´re working with?

Cheers Wolfgang

Chris Lambrechts 05-26-2005 05:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is it V4 or V5 you´re working with?

Cheers Wolfgang

V5

ProTooler 05-26-2005 06:23 AM

Chris -
I was a sample cell user until recently, when i upgraded to osx. I was thinking about getting something to replace sample cell. How do you like Mach 5? Will it open your old SC2 cd roms and keep the key grouping and velocity mapping? Thanks...

Chris Lambrechts 05-26-2005 07:01 AM

Quote:

Chris -
I was a sample cell user until recently, when i upgraded to osx. I was thinking about getting something to replace sample cell. How do you like Mach 5? Will it open your old SC2 cd roms and keep the key grouping and velocity mapping? Thanks...

first : currently there's a graphical bug with M5 under Tiger. Meaning that the plugin itself works ... you can browse and select and load your libraries and play them through midi ... but you don't see what's selected. The plugin apears to be empty at all times even with sounds selected.
This is with version 1.2. Tiger compatible versions (1.22) are allready there on the motu site for AU / MAS and vst but not for rtas ..... should be a matter of days now however.

That said ... yes, included with M5 there's a utility called UVI xtract that will let you convert allkinds of formats ... including SC2 to M5.

Does it work ? In my experience, and I converted a couple hundred CD roms, including SC2's ... 9 / 10 yes. Occasionaly you'll see an odd thing like incorrect mapping or missing samples in programs but it is very rare it doesn't work.

Thing is SC2 is no longer and at some point you have to make a choice. Leave all your libraries behind or convert them to another format. I've tried others, like Kontakt and sampletank for example.

For me, M5 has worked best so far. It's a complete soft sampler solution and very cool to work with.

Another thing, and this goes not only for M5 but for about everything that is native / midi. I rarely or never leave them in a session. I apply a technique which I prefer to call 'get in, do your thing and the hell out as fast as you can'. I record to audio as soon as I can. Which also means that from time to time I have to recall the midi track of course and do changes and go over the process again. But doing that has kept me safe from a lot of other hassle that midi and soft instruments bring like finding your presets the next day etc etc ... M5 is unfortunately no exception here. But none of them are imvho.

Hope that helps.

TLmix 05-26-2005 09:18 AM

did you have to do a new Challenge/ Response for Waves, or did it stay autorized?

TL