Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Too short MIDI notes = No MIDI out (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331382)

Firechild 11-28-2012 12:01 PM

Too short MIDI notes = No MIDI out

When recording very short staccato MIDI notes they will be "muted" when playing back the sequence. When I look at the MIDI Editor I can see there is a X over the shortest notes as if Pro Tools thinks they are not intended to be played as they were accidentally recorded or something...
Is there a setting for this ?

crizdee 11-29-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Too short MIDI notes = No MIDI out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firechild (Post 1984623)
When recording very short staccato MIDI notes they will be "muted" when playing back the sequence. When I look at the MIDI Editor I can see there is a X over the shortest notes as if Pro Tools thinks they are not intended to be played as they were accidentally recorded or something...
Is there a setting for this ?

Hi,

I think it might be the note is doubled? So another note sitting underneath! I did see this before but was quite a while back now so can't exactly remember. But start there.

Chris

bonfi64 11-29-2012 12:36 AM

i have this since years, have to cancel the x note manually, it's a bug.
there was a post about midi bug un PT but i think was censored, lots of people have this, anyway i notice that switching off and on my axiom49 solve the bug.
i notice also this happens when you hit the keys very hard, is not only for staccato notes this problem, do you have a semiwaighted or waighted midi controller and wich model?

crizdee 11-29-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonfi64 (Post 1984872)
i have this since years, have to cancel the x note manually, it's a bug.
there was a post about midi bug un PT but i think was censored, lots of people have this, anyway i notice that switching off and on my axiom49 solve the bug.
i notice also this happens when you hit the keys very hard, is not only for staccato notes this problem, do you have a semiwaighted or waighted midi controller and wich model?

Hi,

Its more than likely your keyboard is sending out duplicated notes, maybe for aftertouch!!

Chris

Firechild 11-29-2012 06:44 AM

I don´t think it is duplicate notes. I am pretty sure it is only when I play very short staccato notes...I can grab the note and make it longer in the MIDI editor then it will sound...
I have a heavy action keyboard... Triton Pro X...maybe the hardest keyboard ever built... You have to be a bodybuilder to be able to play fff on it...:D
So for me I can just barely come up to mf at the moment :p