Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Screen Redraws? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=187434)

zombie69 01-20-2007 09:41 AM

Screen Redraws?

Hey guys, I did a search for screen redraws, but didn't come up with much. The problem I am having, is whenever I have a midi region looping the music doesn't stop, but when I move the pencil tool over the midi region, the scroll bar stops or disappears and the levels on the mixer also freeze until I stop moving the mouse. This only happens if I have notes view selected for the midi track. If you guys need more info than below I could do a sandra report, or if this is a known issue let me know. It doesn't really stop me from working, just looks a little weird. Oh and SPKGUITAR I noticed you're at 9999 this morning. What are you waiting for?

Update: Doesn't matter what tool I use, just anytime I move the mouse over the midi region in note edit view the screen redraws seem to stop.

PTLE 7.3.1
ASUS P5WD2 Mother Board
ADS Tech Pyro Fire Wire Card
All Plugs Up to date
Separate Physical Drives for Programs and Audio Data
Windows XP SP2
ATI Radeon x700 pro

zombie69 01-20-2007 07:35 PM

Re: Screen Redraws?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Holly73 01-21-2007 01:54 AM

Same here! I found this out yesterday with a midi track's view set to large (or bigger). I also found out, the cursor blinks when placing it over a wrapped plugin during playback.
On my system, I already had to reduce Graphics Acceleration (or however it is called) due to the fact, I had two cursors in the edit window. Seems like PT and the graphics card on my machine don't like each other...

zombie69 01-21-2007 11:14 AM

Also, don't know if it is related, but the audiosuite version of Sansamp doesn't render. Must not be my day.

JMS40 01-21-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Also, don't know if it is related, but the audiosuite version of Sansamp doesn't render. Must not be my day.

Do you have "Use in Playlist" selected?

zombie69 01-21-2007 02:50 PM

I think it was selected, cause now when I restarted the session after reading your post, it is. It rendered fine. Before it took forever and just kind of "hung" in the processing stage. Oh well, working now. Thanks for the suggestion.

zombie69 01-22-2007 12:04 PM

Are the screen redraws a known issue by chance?

zombie69 01-24-2007 07:28 PM

Anyone?

spkguitar 01-25-2007 05:27 PM

I don't know about "known" issue, but this happens to me too using your scenario. I don't think it's very much of a big deal though, since it doesn't necessarily effect performance, and I hadn't really even looked for it until you mentioned it, but you might want to officially report it as a bug. Make sure you include detailed steps to recreate the problem.

zombie69 01-25-2007 07:29 PM

Thanks