Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New Plugin Alliance plugin - SSL? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400079)

musicman691 07-05-2018 02:02 PM

New Plugin Alliance plugin - SSL?

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody here get an email from Plugin Alliance about their new Fakebook group called Plugin Alliance Audiophiles? Something about a chance to win a new plugin before it comes out. Part of the gui in the email looks like one of the current SSL channels

I don't do FB anymore but I think there may be one or two here that do and if so could you check this out and see what's up and let us in on it?

Thanks much.

Here's a blurry grab from the email I got. The layout is a bit different than the current E & G channels. 3 knobs each in the compressor & gate sections and lines between the eq sections. 9000?

musicman691 07-05-2018 02:31 PM

Re: New Plugin Alliance plugin - SSL?

Update:
Checking over in the new products section on GearSlutz there's this thread: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...1#post13404714
where they have some clearer pictures and a comment from Dirk. Apparently it's an 'officially licensed' from SSL E channel with some changes from the existing one PA has. I can see already they dropped the hysterisis control in the expansion; no mention of whether there's also a gate. Couple of other gui changes and according to Dirk some changes in the modeling of the circuitry.

I wonder what will be offered to those of us that own the current E & G channels, especially those of us that just purchased it in June?

thebeatinventor 07-06-2018 10:22 AM

Wow! Maybe Brainworx finally got the endorsement from SSL to put the "Solid State Logic" name on it. I personally like the existing Channel E and G but since SSL has released the Native 6.0 Channelstrip, I know the sound quality and plugin sound cannot be beat. I wonder how much different this new Brainworx SSL E will sound from their Channel E? and hopefully they offer it free of charge to recent owners of the E or G. I couldn't see anyone paying 299.00 for it, when its probably not a super big change.

PatriotsBiker 07-06-2018 01:27 PM

Thanks for posting this thread, MusicMan. I was curious as well, and stay clear of FB.

I just got the E-Channel console last weekend. I, too, wonder now if they are going to look at these as totally separate plugs pricing-wise or if he will give the current owners some sort of break on the new one. I doubt I would expect free as being realistic. I'm not really sure what would be fair in this situation. There is an additional licensing factor at play here, too. Has to affect $$ in some way. No idea how much.

musicman691 07-06-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker (Post 2493469)
Thanks for posting this thread, MusicMan. I was curious as well, and stay clear of FB.

I just got the E-Channel console last weekend. I, too, wonder now if they are going to look at these as totally separate plugs pricing-wise or if he will give the current owners some sort of break on the new one. I doubt I would expect free as being realistic. I'm not really sure what would be fair in this situation. There is an additional licensing factor at play here, too. Has to affect $$ in some way. No idea how much.

I'm hoping (as are a lot of others) that the 'new/official' E channel will be free for those of us that purchased it the last weekend in June. If purchased earlier than that I could see a small upgrade charge similar like what they did when Dent2/Indent2 dropped for owners of the original version/s.

Something I have to bring up is will the official SSL branded version take over seamlessly for the original? IOW if there's a session with the original version would that session see the new one as a replacement without the end user doing anything? I'm going on the assumption here that both versions won't or can't coexist.

thebeatinventor 07-06-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2493477)
I'm hoping (as are a lot of others) that the 'new/official' E channel will be free for those of us that purchased it the last weekend in June. If purchased earlier than that I could see a small upgrade charge similar like what they did when Dent2/Indent2 dropped for owners of the original version/s.

Something I have to bring up is will the official SSL branded version take over seamlessly for the original? IOW if there's a session with the original version would that session see the new one as a replacement without the end user doing anything? I'm going on the assumption here that both versions won't or can't coexist.

It seems like this SSL approval version is a totally different plugin and will not just replace the Channel E say for example on an insert. Acc to Dirk on Gearslut he mentioned they worked hard with SSL engineers to "improve" the sound of the Channel E?!? you mean to tell me that wasn't achieved on the Channel E, Like I said earlier the SSL Native Channelstrip sounds the best out of any SSL style plugins out there...

PatriotsBiker 07-10-2018 02:47 PM

Email came in - here's some more info. Many discount options. I may be alone on this, but I'm fine with this. $50 each if already owning, and even a new heavy hitters discount if you own bunch of other plugs, but not in that console set. Sweet! I hope they do it on others in the future.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...sl_4000_e.html

thebeatinventor 07-15-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2493412)
Anybody here get an email from Plugin Alliance about their new Fakebook group called Plugin Alliance Audiophiles? Something about a chance to win a new plugin before it comes out. Part of the gui in the email looks like one of the current SSL channels

I don't do FB anymore but I think there may be one or two here that do and if so could you check this out and see what's up and let us in on it?

Thanks much.

Here's a blurry grab from the email I got. The layout is a bit different than the current E & G channels. 3 knobs each in the compressor & gate sections and lines between the eq sections. 9000?

It would only make sense that Brainworx gets Neve’s branding for the Console N......maybe even work in the code from the 88R console.

WKG 07-17-2018 09:43 PM

The new bx SSL E Channel and Townhouse buss comp are great, added both here. Love Plugin Alliance stuff!

musicman691 07-18-2018 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker (Post 2493747)
Email came in - here's some more info. Many discount options. I may be alone on this, but I'm fine with this. $50 each if already owning, and even a new heavy hitters discount if you own bunch of other plugs, but not in that console set. Sweet! I hope they do it on others in the future.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...sl_4000_e.html

With the exception of the guitar stomps and Bassdude I think pretty much everything sold by PA is branded. By the time all the emails went out there's some good deals. I like that the heavy hitter codes are separate for the plugins and not just one code for all three. It's how I'll get the SSL G when my voucher situation gets straightened out.