Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338894)

MoonManMusic 05-22-2013 12:16 PM

Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:

Originally Posted by marianna (Post 2041837)
All...

True, I have encouraged the community as a whole to keep us on our toes but while I encourage everyone to question what we do and how we do it..... I ask that before you HIT SEND, you reread your post and think " would I like to be on the receiving end of this?".

We want to encourage change and we want to continue to be responsive BUT if you keep hitting us over the head with the same negative message - human nature is to tune it out.

Remember - It isnt what you say - but how you say it that will likely get traction internally. I have always suggested you tell us what needs to change then offer solutions that we might consider. Just critiquing over and over without offering any suggestions or solutions isn't going to work.

You always get more flies with honey.....

:)

Marianna

I have to admit. As one of the many studios still running a fully working original Control24 I am saddened to hear it will not be supported in version11. We recently upgraded to version 11 but I guess we will have to stick with version 10. Until we can afford to invest in the newer C24. I have had a look at the crossgrade offers for the Control24 to C24 and its quite sad that our initial £6,000 investment is only worth a fraction of the upgrade costs. Surely a better offer can be made as a trade in offer to entice users to upgrade to the supported hardware.

Southsidemusic 05-22-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonManMusic (Post 2042140)
I have to admit. As one of the many studios still running a fully working original Control24 I am saddened to hear it will not be supported in version11. We recently upgraded to version 11 but I guess we will have to stick with version 10. Until we can afford to invest in the newer C24. I have had a look at the crossgrade offers for the Control24 to C24 and its quite sad that our initial £6,000 investment is only worth a fraction of the upgrade costs. Surely a better offer can be made as a trade in offer to entice users to upgrade to the supported hardware.

Hey MoonMan :)

I agree with this seeing there are quite a few Control | 24 owners here on the forum and probably a whole lot more who aren't here who still use the control 24. they still sell them for approx $4000 here in Sweden and seeing that people still do buy them second hand I hope that Avid looks at this in more detail so users with the Control | 24 can make some kind of trade in without having to sell themselves ;) to upgrade.

Let's hope Avid finds some kind of solution soon.

DigiTechSupt 05-22-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P,B,S (Post 2042112)
I would like to say that the transmission in the vehicles everyone at avid owns will not be supported and will not work. Even though there is no good reason for it. We just decided we did not feel a dedication in anyway to a product (or customer) we sold built designed is no longer usefull to anyone.

HOW DOES IT FELL TO BE ON THE RECIEVING END AFTER ALL ITS ONLY $10,000
no reason for hard feelings infact I fully understand how a $10,000 product is worthless.

We did publish an End of Support Date of 12/31/2012 when we stopped selling Control|24 back in 2007, and there were dozens of Pro Tools updates that supported the Control|24 after we stopped selling it.

Your analogy would be more accurate if you said the maker of our car announced an upgrade to make it run on water, but the transmission in our model wasn't compatible. We then have a choice to continue running our car on gas, or we can upgrade our transmission (or buy a new car) to take advantage of the advances in technology.

We do understand that transitions are difficult, but we cannot continue to support everything indefinitely and still put out new products/upgrades. This challenge is not unique to Avid.

louieshowers 05-22-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2042141)
Hey MoonMan :)

I agree with this seeing there are quite a few Control | 24 owners here on the forum and probably a whole lot more who aren't here who still use the control 24. they still sell them for approx $4000 here in Sweden and seeing that people still do buy them second hand I hope that Avid looks at this in more detail so users with the Control | 24 can make some kind of trade in without having to sell themselves ;) to upgrade.

Let's hope Avid finds some kind of solution soon.

wow empathy! nice change of tune Southside. ;)

Southsidemusic 05-22-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louieshowers (Post 2042180)
wow empathy! nice change of tune Southside. ;)

LOL ;) I know, Right! weird stuff happens around PT Release times :-)

AREED 05-22-2013 03:35 PM

Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools HD 11?

Well, that really sucks!! This will keep alot of studio's, including mine at PT10 for a very long time.
Its really a shame that they cant even keep there own stuff working. Its not like these things where cheap. I feel like its lazy and greedy.
Notice that they are nocking out all the higher priced stuff so we have to buy again. HDcards, interfaces, plug ins, and now control surfaces. All for 64bit? What a scam!
I know there will be a 100 of these new moderators to come to Avids defence. Telling us it is impossible to keep these things working. But I dont really buy it.

YYR123 05-22-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools HD 11?

Well buy it or not I think he's speaking the truth -

And what are you running in your studio and Apple Macintosh you know those guys don't wait around for the technology to get old before they start changing things up either

I'm sure Apple is out to do you a solid also right??
there not thinking about making money - Never happened

Firechild 06-19-2013 12:33 AM

Control|24 HD11 Status went from Untested to Will Not Work

A couple of weeks the Control 24 was listed among untested hardware along with the Blue interfaces, meaning they will work-
However now the Control 24 is moved down to "will not work" interfaces along with the Pro Control which has been there from the beginning.
Anyone know why, I thought it was the exact same Ethernet protocol as the C24

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...nd-Peripherals

A Chapman 06-19-2013 02:38 AM

Re: Control 24 HD11 Status went from Untested to Will Not Work

Woah. If this is true, there's going to be a lot of pissed off people out there.

blackc7 06-19-2013 08:28 AM

Re: Control 24/C24 and Pro Tools 11

I don't understand why the Control/24 wouldn't work? It's just a controller! Avid wants users to spend more money. Why isn't Pro Control supported; look at how much it costed! I always wanted the Control/24