Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   It's almost here - New Systems (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284641)

Electrox 10-22-2010 09:41 PM

It's almost here - New Systems

from Avid marketing to my email box - "If you're in the area November 4–7, drop by booth #1018 and say "hi"—you won't want to miss what we'll have in store..." I don't know about you, but this smells to me like the release of whatever TDM systems they have been growing in their darkrooms. AES, not NAMM, is typically where Digidesign released their newest systems. So now we have a possible date...

studiojimi 10-22-2010 10:56 PM

Re: It's almost here - New Systems

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrox (Post 1685185)
from Avid marketing to my email box - "If you're in the area November 4–7, drop by booth #1018 and say "hi"—you won't want to miss what we'll have in store..." I don't know about you, but this smells to me like the release of whatever TDM systems they have been growing in their darkrooms. AES, not NAMM, is typically where Digidesign released their newest systems. So now we have a possible date...

remind me not to tell you any of my secrets....

feel better about yourself now that you've posted this in here?

uno1234 10-22-2010 11:04 PM

Not happening.

airon 10-22-2010 11:55 PM

The only stuff they can announce are a new version of Protools, some TDM card addon for the HD Native line, and/or EuCon integration fun for Protools all the current line of controllers/consoles in their lineup.

Personally I think it's the software and EuCon stuff. They've had two years to think about this, so it ought to be big. Let's hope it's not buggy, or this might get flushed down the toilet.

Electrox 10-23-2010 01:19 AM

Studiojimi, if you had knowledge that would affect a purchase of thousands of dollars from my friends and myself, even a strong hunch, then yes, I would find that info helpful. That is why Mac Rumors and other sites are valuable. I don't think Avid would send such info as a general email unless they wanted to stir up interest in the fact that they are FINALLY at a trade show again. And I do feel better, thank you!

WernerF 10-23-2010 07:32 AM

You are making assumptions that are not grounded in any fact.

BradLyons 10-23-2010 07:41 AM

I stated here awhile back and I'll state it again....the reason you did not find AVID at a few major tradeshows is that the entire family of companies were in the process of re-aligning themselves, merging their shipping into a single distribution center, and making ONE large, strong company of several lines. It wasn't because they were going away, sales were dying, etc.

As to new hardware---don't expect to see new TDM hardware, don't assume that's what it is. The HD Accel system that exists as it is right now is perfectly capable.

BUT who knows, maybe I'm wrong....

studiojimi 10-23-2010 07:47 AM

if there is something big coming....

why do the BIG show off thing at AES....
we've all been waiting watching and holding fast
you have our attention AVID

don't put extra money into a pissing contest with other companies

save the money and expense and just release it with better pricing
for the thousands of loyal customers
waiting for something truly professional....this time.

and certainly not another bug filled software release
that many of us buy but don't use

with love and enlightenment,
studiojimi

propower 10-23-2010 09:00 AM

Man... tough crowd :-)

My "hunchs" are.....

1) OO2/3 next gen
2) New LE software (ADC???)
3) EuCon to PT (Please PLEase PLEASE!!)....

New HD Hardware?? Yep..... oh .... that would be AES 2011 though.....

-Lee

lincol1 10-23-2010 09:40 AM

+1 on #3 (well #2 as well of course)