Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Soft Keys (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=383972)

spoons 09-06-2016 08:25 AM

Soft Keys

This is specific to the soft keys directly under the iPad on the dock only.

When I perform certain functions like for example "commit track", "delete track" or even just tabbing away from ProTools to say Safari, the soft keys become focussed away and do not function. To refocus them I have to hit the "Soft Keys" button on the dock twice each time.

I have locked Eucon to ProTools under Assign. I'm on Mavericks with the latest version of Eucon and ProTools.

I am using an iPad 2 so this may be the reason?

Anybody else seeing this ?

bobbyguelz 09-06-2016 01:20 PM

Re: Soft Keys

I have the EXACT same issue... Again... another dumb issue that makes something that is supposed to be helpful... SOOO NOT helpful.

I've used it with the iPad 2... but also with the iPad Air 2. I believe I had the same issue with both... but can't confirm till I'm back at the studio.

WorldStudios 09-06-2016 09:41 PM

This is avoided if you lock the control surface (Dock) to ProTools. It is easy to do under the "Assign" tab in the Eucon app. I lock the entire surface to ProTools, so I can stop and play PT while posting on the DUC, for instance.

bobbyguelz 09-07-2016 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldStudios (Post 2379598)
This is avoided if you lock the control surface (Dock) to ProTools. It is easy to do under the "Assign" tab in the Eucon app. I lock the entire surface to ProTools, so I can stop and play PT while posting on the DUC, for instance.

Ok... Fantastic to know. Will certainly be doing just that then. Thanks again!

spoons 09-07-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldStudios (Post 2379598)

As I said above, i have the app locked to protools under Assign. The problem is still as described above and is specific to the soft keys only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docric 09-07-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2379733)
As I said above, i have the app locked to protools under Assign. The problem is still as described above and is specific to the soft keys only.

Same here, Spoons... same prob & surface is locked to PT.
I just click away & click back, like you do.

It would be nice if it worked correctly, though.

AssemblyLineKevin 09-16-2016 11:29 AM

Hello all, I am new here, but have been a full time ProTools user since 1999.

I recently retired my ProControl, went to Artist series and Artist Mix. Did not care for them. Landed on Dock and S3.

****I am having the SAME issue. Soft keys "go away" and have to be clicked to be reset. Very annoying.****

As with others here I am locked to ProTools, have not found a work around this issue. Seems to be a bug. Would be nice if it were fixed.

Thank you all if anyone finds a solution. Cheers!

spoons 09-23-2016 01:27 AM

So now after upgrading to the latest version of EuCon I have another 'button' issue. This time the 'Alt" automation key. Sometimes even with it's lit the alt automation functions aren't working. I have to hit it twice to 'wake it up'.
I haven't been able to work out what makes it do this as it's not all the time. The most annoying is when you are in preview already and it's lost 'focus'. Hitting punch preview and then All/Sel doesn't work and you've lost what you were doing.
With this and the problem above I'm finding myself migrate back to the keyboard again.

spoons 09-25-2016 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2383085)
So now after upgrading to the latest version of EuCon I have another 'button' issue. This time the 'Alt" automation key. Sometimes even with it's lit the alt automation functions aren't working. I have to hit it twice to 'wake it up'.
I haven't been able to work out what makes it do this as it's not all the time. The most annoying is when you are in preview already and it's lost 'focus'. Hitting punch preview and then All/Sel doesn't work and you've lost what you were doing.
With this and the problem above I'm finding myself migrate back to the keyboard again.

The above behaviour is happening every time I tab out of protools to another program. Again I have Eucon locked to protools.
Anybody else seeing this ?

bassmagnetic 09-26-2016 12:47 AM

Hi Richard,

Yep, I have same behaviour and its been confirmed as a reproducible bug and its logged with Avid, I'm hoping fixed in next update as its a bit confusing!