Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392422)

Will Russell 07-13-2017 04:12 PM

Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping

Hi,

Any ICON out there use the Sonnox Oxford Dynamics plugin? Have you noticed that the control mapping to the dedicated Dynamics control section of the ICON are kinda screwed up? In version 2.09 you can’t adjust the limiter from the dedicated dynamics controllers when using Oxford Dynamics Full plugin, but you can when using a reduced feature version like Oxford Compressor/Limiter. In the new version 3 you can't get to the limiter controls with the dedicated Dynamics controllers at all. Most functions seem to work ok if you spill plugin parameters to faders.

Also, even if I select Access follows Ext Controller (any) the plugin will not switch modes accessing from the dedicated dynamics control section but it will if you spill the control parameters onto faders.

Anyone else have these issues?

Pete Gates 07-14-2017 12:32 AM

Re: Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Russell (Post 2440908)
In the new version 3 you can't get to the limiter controls with the dedicated Dynamics controllers at all.

Yup, same here on D-Control. On the full version I can get at the Compressor settings (on 1 page), Expander/Gate is across two pages and I can get at most but not all settings, SC EQ appears on the EQ section and the Limiter appears nowhere.

Pete

PTPerson 07-19-2017 04:56 PM

I've been in touch with Sonnox about this plug in.

It's silly that the HOLD/GAIN encoder is being used for Gain when it's already available on the OUTPUT encoder.

They should change it to HOLD.

They mentioned they were going to try to do this in V3 but I don't think it's been done.

Sillyness! Sometimes I don't understand humans.

TheFilterLab 07-28-2017 09:13 AM

I have the same problem with this plugin which is really unfortunate because it’s one of my main compressors. I'm also on a D-command using PT8 and PT 12.6

The best work around I’ve come up with is to map my most used parameters outside of the compressor to the channel rotary encoders. and setup the plug in default setting so that most parameters are set the way I want them.

For example on default I set the compressor and the SC-EQ to IN. I set the time constants in the limiter to roughly where I would want them (hopefully I won’t need to adjust them). I also roughly set the SC eq points and have the shelves enabled. My first page of the rotary encoders has the warmth in and the amount. and the litter in and the threshold. on the next 2 pages I have the SC EQ controls. After that I have the limiter controls. I don’t use the gate or expander. I much prefer the digi expander. It honestly seems like the gate and expander are broken in the newer version of this plugin.

It’s still not ideal but for the most part I can do what I want with it without having to look at the plugin window. It did take some getting used to how I mapped things

Will Russell 07-28-2017 01:18 PM

We shouldn't have to do a work around. Sonnox should fix it.