Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Markers moved on session import (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406135)

Reckless Erik 08-29-2019 12:11 PM

Markers moved on session import

Having a strange problem when importing a session into a currently open one, that has the same timecode start etc.. The markers are moved to the front of the open session even though their position in the source session is different. BTW there is no offseting of tracks on import. This must be a bug of some kind. Anyone?

albee1952 08-29-2019 12:46 PM

Re: Markers moved on session import

Did you NOT import the tempo?

Reckless Erik 08-30-2019 08:26 AM

No I did not. Is that the problem?

BScout 08-30-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckless Erik (Post 2536713)
No I did not. Is that the problem?

You don't need to import tempo to import markers and have them come in correctly unless your markers time properties were set to Bars|Beats (by default they are set to Absolute which does not need tempo)

originalscottyg 08-30-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2536750)
(by default they are set to Absolute which does not need tempo)

If markers are created when the main ruler is set to Bars|Beats, then they default to Bars|Beats, if the main ruler is Timecode, then they default to Absolute. I've been bitten by this a few times when jumping back and forth between rulers/timebases.

BScout 08-30-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalscottyg (Post 2536771)
If markers are created when the main ruler is set to Bars|Beats, then they default to Bars|Beats, if the main ruler is Timecode, then they default to Absolute. I've been bitten by this a few times when jumping back and forth between rulers/timebases.

Right you are. Never noticed as I'm mostly in Timecode when setting markers.

Good thing for the OP is he can change his markers to Absolute if he opens the original markers (one by one) and swaps them to Absolute and then goes back and does the import.

Reckless Erik 08-31-2019 07:08 AM

Thanks Guys. I will check this out.

Reckless Erik 08-31-2019 07:39 AM

That doesn't seem to be it. Sorry to report. Still offset to the beginning of the session.

BScout 08-31-2019 12:18 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the import session data dialogue? I feel there's some pertinent info that might be missing that would explain this.

Reckless Erik 09-02-2019 07:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the screenshots you requested with also a grab of the offline edit session and the master session. I have checked all the markers and they are all referenced to absolute TC. Still the problem persists.