Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Who is Running PT 11 HD Native successfully (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=344829)

K Roche 09-21-2013 05:16 PM

Who is Running PT 11 HD Native successfully

I am finally done with my projects that I was not willing to try upgrade during.

I will be upgrading My OSX ilock and PT 10 to 11
So I am curious what configurations of OSX and PTHDN 11 are people finding stable. Thanks, Kevin

BobbyDazzler 09-21-2013 05:51 PM

Re: Who is Running PT 11 HD Native successfully

Mine is generally quite stable in PT11, but there are some quirks on the vision side of things. If I wasn't doing post I would have made the full switch by now.

K Roche 09-21-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler (Post 2085487)
Mine is generally quite stable in PT11, but there are some quirks on the vision side of things. If I wasn't doing post I would have made the full switch by now.

hey thanks, Kev

Jack Ruston UK 09-22-2013 01:14 AM

I've been starting to run it for a few things and have found it very good. The problem is that because we're still waiting for quite a few plug ins, it's harder to run 'proper' sessions on it. Therefore it's really hard to comment on how stable it really is, because after all it's often the plug ins that cause issues. So from me a 'Yes' but with that caveat.

Jack

Drew Mazurek 09-22-2013 09:27 AM

Been starting every project on 11 for the last 6 or 7 months and then moving to 10 for mixing. In this limited capacity 11 has been great. Probably the best .0 release PT has had. Granted, it is limited use for only recording and overdubbing.

Bookerv12 09-22-2013 11:58 AM

It has taken a couple of months, but we have switched completely over from an HD 4 accel TDM system.
I still run into random plugins that we still must upgrade, but so far, solid as a rock.
Buffer settings are new to us, but it works really well.

Pro Tools 10.
Until 11 opens up a little more.

K Roche 09-22-2013 02:42 PM

hey thanks guys
So I am assuming the start in 11 then mix in 10 is only really to gain the use of RTAS plugs that are not yet ported to AAX 64?
And not some actual mixing or editing thing per se yes ?

I since basically I use the bundled PT and my Waves Diamond and some Slate I should be good to go

syMPh 09-22-2013 08:00 PM

i've found melodyne's latest release causes audio to stop after a certain amount of plugins have been reached (something like about 15 or so) ... which is less than i could get in 32 bit land... must be a bug, anyone else see this happen?

zion 09-22-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Ruston UK (Post 2085585)
I've been starting to run it for a few things and have found it very good. The problem is that because we're still waiting for quite a few plug ins, it's harder to run 'proper' sessions on it. Therefore it's really hard to comment on how stable it really is, because after all it's often the plug ins that cause issues. So from me a 'Yes' but with that caveat.

Jack

+1

P_J 09-23-2013 03:54 AM

I've been working with 11.0.2 since Waves AAX64 was released. Not a single crash and everything seems to work fine except importing OMFs. Fans are running higher rpm with 11, even with those sessions where CPU usage is smaller. Could be the new video engine. Now when Izotope RX is also AAX64, I think I'm not going back to ten anymore (oh wait, still have to import OMFs in 10).