Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   PT10 pausing while recording and then catching up later. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395666)

protoolspeon 12-13-2017 09:06 AM

PT10 pausing while recording and then catching up later.

Randomly during a voice over session the other day, I was about a half hour into recording and the edit window stopped scrolling and it appeared to stop recording. Hit the space bar, and the clip appeared to add the additional audio that it didnt appear to record to the clip. Started recording again, and the waveform being written was far behind, while the meter was showing level still properly. 2 minutes into recording, it appeared to hang again, so i let it keep rolling and 2 minutes later the edit window started scrolling again, writing a waveform (although it was still appearing behind where it should), stopped that take and it appeared to add the additional audio recorded while the recording "hung" portion. Super frustrating, don't want to walk into another voiceover session tomorrow and deal with that. Any insight?

musicman691 12-13-2017 02:34 PM

Re: PT10 pausing while recording and then catching up later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoolspeon (Post 2463883)
Randomly during a voice over session the other day, I was about a half hour into recording and the edit window stopped scrolling and it appeared to stop recording. Hit the space bar, and the clip appeared to add the additional audio that it didnt appear to record to the clip. Started recording again, and the waveform being written was far behind, while the meter was showing level still properly. 2 minutes into recording, it appeared to hang again, so i let it keep rolling and 2 minutes later the edit window started scrolling again, writing a waveform (although it was still appearing behind where it should), stopped that take and it appeared to add the additional audio recorded while the recording "hung" portion. Super frustrating, don't want to walk into another voiceover session tomorrow and deal with that. Any insight?

Why are you posting in a PT12 forum when by thread title you should be asking over in the PT10 forum? And your profile page says you have PT7.

Maybe one of the moderators can move this to the right forum.

Southsidemusic 12-13-2017 02:48 PM

Moved :-)

albee1952 12-16-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoolspeon (Post 2463883)

Pretty much impossible to make any suggestion when we know absolutely ZERO about the computer, interface, OS, things you've tried so far......:o