Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Hackintosh PCI-X Core Card problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=324361)

Blake Henderson 06-20-2012 11:21 PM

Hackintosh PCI-X Core Card problem

Hi folks. I know that some of you aren't interested in doing tech support for your fellow pro-toolers who are going the hackintosh route. But I also know that many of you run i7 builds without any problems. I am hoping that someone has some insight into my issue.

I've had a very stable Hackintosh system for over a year now. I've recently tried to install a digidesign HD pci-x card into my Gigabyte X58a-ud3r (rev. 2 FF) MB and the OS recognizes it perfectly. I can even play all system audio through it without problems. But my Pro Tools software does not "see" it as a "current engine" option, despite having a proper PT HD9 licence on my ilok.

I wonder if anyone else using PT has had a similar problem. When Pro tools boots up, it connects to my Apogee symphony which clicks, but once PT opens I don't have the HD option in the playback engine pulldown.

I can access my Symphony via the core card simply by running Core audio, wherein I have total control over the Symphony setting (CoreAudio thinks its an HD io).

thanks

blake

Blake Henderson 06-21-2012 12:41 PM

Re: Hackintosh PCI-X Core Card problem

Its a bit frustrating, given that the card is recognized without fail by Logic Pro and works well in that app. It seems that somehow PT is just not registering the core card's existence during startup.

none of you folks have experienced this?

blake

Brandonx1 06-21-2012 01:12 PM

FYI You need the Pro Tools 9 and Pro Tools 9 HD authorization on your ilok to run PT HD.
Best

Blake Henderson 06-21-2012 02:33 PM

Hi Brandon.

I have both.

This problem relates to to complexities of using my hackintosh, I presume, not to any obvious user error. My Ilok has both licenses on it.

thanks though.

Blake

cdavis6406 06-23-2012 08:06 AM

Make sure your in a 16x slot not a 4x. Dont know the board, but on my hackintosh it makes a difference. It will work in slower slot for system sound but not PTLS.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Blake Henderson 06-25-2012 11:05 AM

DAvis,

My card is PCI-X and I only have one PCI slot. It won't go into any of the PCI-e slots, regardless of bus speed.

Any other tips, folks?!

Dism 06-25-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake Henderson (Post 1943136)
DAvis,

My card is PCI-X and I only have one PCI slot. It won't go into any of the PCI-e slots, regardless of bus speed.

Any other tips, folks?!

When in doubt... maybe a fresh OS install is in order?

I highly doubt it's the PCI slot, since you say it works fine in other apps. I'd give Pro Tools a clean reinstall, including the HD drivers... and if that doesn't work, start again with a new OSX install.

Blake Henderson 06-25-2012 12:41 PM

thanks Dism. This was a brand new, clean, install. Ill try another though.

blake

YYR123 06-29-2012 02:07 PM

as i posted on your other thread......does digitest pass the card?