Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Slate Digital AAX-DSP? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350910)

Rosco1969 02-10-2014 09:32 AM

Re: Slate Digital AAX-DSP?

LOL... don't hold your breath!

YYR123 02-10-2014 09:35 AM

Hahah - Soon

Bob Olhsson 02-10-2014 09:40 AM

My understanding is that AAX-DSP code also will run native so if they are recoding everything from scratch, it probably is going to be DSP, assuming that's possible for a given plug.

treason 02-10-2014 12:22 PM

I'm hoping that I'm reading in between the lines correctly when I read of delays associated with recoding the plugs to 1)run in a new common framework 2) be more resource efficient. I'm hoping those two efforts are designed to spread out their offerings across both AAX-Native and AAX-DSP. I can't imagine why they'd be last to the AAX table unless they had a "surprise" for us up their sleeve. In my opinion, adding AAX-DSP to their offerings would really propel them solidly into position as "THE PRO OFFERING" on the Pro Tools platform.

That hoped for - I would love to get updated from Steven/Fabrice on their current musings on AAX-DSP.

Mike496 02-10-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treason (Post 2130926)
I'm hoping that I'm reading in between the lines correctly when I read of delays associated with recoding the plugs to 1)run in a new common framework 2) be more resource efficient. I'm hoping those two efforts are designed to spread out their offerings across both AAX-Native and AAX-DSP. I can't imagine why they'd be last to the AAX table unless they had a "surprise" for us up their sleeve. In my opinion, adding AAX-DSP to their offerings would really propel them solidly into position as "THE PRO OFFERING" on the Pro Tools platform.

That hoped for - I would love to get updated from Steven/Fabrice on their current musings on AAX-DSP.

I couldn't agree more! :D

mesaone 02-10-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2130891)
Hahah - Soon

It's so soon that it's negative. VTM was slated (ha) for Feb 20th. The T in VTM stands for "time"

WombatStudio.Org 02-10-2014 06:58 PM

Via Facebook Feb 6th:

Slate Digital LLC: The new VCC 2 is gonna be killer guys! We're working on it. New features, new FREE console, FREE update! Thanks for your patience, it'll be worth it!

Is the current VBC DSP? I thought that was their "flagship" new framework plugin - that would tell you something, yes?

YYR123 02-11-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org (Post 2131044)
The new VCC 2 is gonna be killer guys! We're working on it. New features, new FREE console, FREE update! Thanks for your patience, it'll be worth it!

Nice I didn't know - I don't think I've liked them on FB - I appreciate the info

treason 02-12-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org (Post 2131044)
Via Facebook Feb 6th:

Slate Digital LLC: The new VCC 2 is gonna be killer guys! We're working on it. New features, new FREE console, FREE update! Thanks for your patience, it'll be worth it!

Is the current VBC DSP? I thought that was their "flagship" new framework plugin - that would tell you something, yes?

I'm hoping that since the latest VBC is still "in beta", that Slate is testing the framework and limiting variables to AAX-Native only. Since developers like McDSP (I think they are about the same size shop) had AAX-DSP running quickly, yet sacrificed plug preset compatibility for delivery speed (while UAD chose the opposite - providing plug compatibility RTAS->AAX), I'm hoping Slate is looking at plug compat, Framework optimization as well as algorithm tweaking such that the desired Algorithm Efficiencies translate well to AAX-DSP.

Again - I'm reading smoke signals, and that smoke might be hallucinatory inducing. I have absolutely no Slate knowledge nor contact with Slate or Slate Digital.

Steven/Fabrice - what is the AAX-DSP thinking almost 2 years since commitment?

groundcontrol 02-12-2014 12:37 PM

Slate Digital AAX-DSP?

For my part I think they *really* need to do their homework on the optimization front.

They skiped that part last time around. What is the real value of a plug-in that is truely best-of-class audio-wise if I end up not using it because of its too high demands on my cpu.

Other shops can make their stuff run much more efficiently on the same cpus...