Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bug in new video engine 2019.10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407040)

Meads 11-04-2019 01:54 PM

Bug in new video engine 2019.10

I've been putting the new engine through its paces the past couple days and noticed some weird behavior I hadn't seen with the old engine.
Sometimes when I hit stop and play the video plays back in a random loop while the playhead continues through the session normally.
I haven't yet been able to pinpoint a certain trigger for that, but it happens with newly build sessions in 2019.10 as well as with older sessions.
My video files are always ProRes 422 (Proxy), nothing in my setup changed except for the upgraded PT install. Same drives playback the same files in the same sessions.
Never had this issue before.

reichman 11-04-2019 03:03 PM

Re: Bug in new video engine 2019.10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2543581)
I've been putting the new engine through its paces the past couple days and noticed some weird behavior I hadn't seen with the old engine.
Sometimes when I hit stop and play the video plays back in a random loop while the playhead continues through the session normally.
I haven't yet been able to pinpoint a certain trigger for that, but it happens with newly build sessions in 2019.10 as well as with older sessions.
My video files are always ProRes 422 (Proxy), nothing in my setup changed except for the upgraded PT install. Same drives playback the same files in the same sessions.

I also use ProRes proxy (with an AJA T-Tap) and saw this last night, but it was while I was toggling the Weiss plug-in pref for OpenGL graphics. As soon as I said yes to OpenGL and rebooted, all was good. Or maybe this was coincidence. :confused:

Video has been fine for me today.

Meads 11-04-2019 03:09 PM

Interesting. I'm using the Weiss-Deesser in most of my sessions.
Just checked the OpenGL setting and it has been ticked already, so I guess that's not it, as it just happened again. :rolleyes:
It's not that big a deal since toggling the video offline/online always solves it for me. But should still be worth a fix.

Reckless Erik 11-04-2019 03:17 PM

I noticed an odd loop today with 2019.10. Playing the last minute of a 45 min show and expected to see the credit roll and got a loop of about 5 secs from video that had already been played. Pro Res proxy file type. 25 fps.

Frank Kruse 11-05-2019 06:53 AM

Haven't seen this here but all our picture is DNxHD36. And no Weiss plugins installed.

Meads 11-05-2019 08:25 AM

I just had it that instead of looping the video freeze framed.

Still haven't figured out, when it does it, but it happens several times a day.
I have a feeling it occurs when hitting play while PT is still busy with another task. I'm very quick when it comes to editing. For instance cutting the end of a clip, creating a fade out and hitting play basically is one action. A quick burst of key commands. Seems those playback issues always happen in one of those instances. But then again I could be totally wrong, it's just a hunch.

Will report back when I figure anything out.

Ale 11-13-2019 01:11 PM

Hi
Had the same problems the last days.

Today I had no errors working in a new session from my template.
Means the same plugins are in the session.
The only differnce is that I have this time much less audiosuite plugs open. They are getting more and more as I work.

Did not find the reason till now but I think audiosuite has some impact to the video engine. Doing audiosuite does trigger video problems (black/no video)

Switching video offline/online makes video running again.
Video is always dnxhd36

JanuS 11-16-2019 10:22 AM

I had black video window, or 1 frame still video in 2019.10 on my Mac mini which I use as a video satellite machine with Vanilla Protools. Tried most common stuff (delete prefs etc), but no result.

Downgraded back to 2019.6, and everything fine again..
It beats me what's wrong with the AVE in my case...

TVPostSound 11-16-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2543581)

Same here DNXHD36 mxf video.
Only when I upgraded to 2019.10

henningaround 11-16-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 2544688)
Same here DNXHD36 mxf video.

Only when I upgraded to 2019.10

Does QuickTime DnxHD36? Mixing a smaller TV 90 Minute feature here and it's ok.