Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Slate RAVEN MTI virtual desk (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=334295)

southboundloco 02-13-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Slate RAVEN MTI virtual desk

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2007006)
And on the VCC issue, I use this every day and have not had major issues with it.

The latest version has a bug.where when u add an instance of the plugin it resets all the settings on the other nes on the whole session.this was aconfirmed to me by their support.

SPA 02-13-2013 02:52 PM

We are in the process of moving our plugins to a new framework which fixes a lot of bugs. In the meantime, if you don't option drag the VCC the problem is avoided.. I usually suggest setting up VCC templates first as well. But again, the problem exists in PT and will be fixed.

Cheers,
Steven

CME 02-13-2013 05:42 PM

Slate RAVEN MTI virtual desk

Good to hear. I use VCC on every session I do. I use the always use the neve setting on bass and electric guitars. I have never had a track go missing. Maybe I'm just lucky.

And if the desktop version of the raven is in the $4k range, color me intrigued. I was planning on adding some more mc units to my rig. But if I can get a raven for a little more I am most definitely interested.

And on a somewhat unrelated note. What's the word on the virtual buss compressors? I'm on the slate bandwagon with VCC, VTM, and FG-X. Some nice buss compressors would round out the collection. ;)

groundcontrol 02-13-2013 06:58 PM

Actually, they should consider making a sub-version of FG-X with just the comp as it's such a nice buss-comp and the whole plug is often either overkill or too cpu demanding at mix time.

They could make this freely available to FG-X owners and it could be an entry to the full FG-X in a similar way than the Tube Console introduces people to VCC.

The bonus being that I cannot see why it wouldn't be stabler than the full FG-X with all sections turned off on a maxed out system...

YYR123 02-13-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2007030)
I haven't seen this here Stewart, but if I did, I would agree that it would be a major issue for me. I must admit though, I seldom use the Neve setting.

API mostly myself !!! :D

And good to hear things are getting an update

YYR123 02-15-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StewartFang (Post 2007690)
...Agogee symphony was a year and a half long nightmare....

Really - I has no idea - I always wanted to get one of those 16x16 - they always looked liked a nice way to do HD

MIKEROPHONICS 02-17-2013 05:49 AM

Well I shall be personally meeting Steven in London and reviewing the product in Audio Media. I am rather looking forward to this and I think it will be very interesting.

Enlightened souls can delight in reading my whimsical tomes (totally open) and digest my findings as how they see fit. Anyone else - please turn the page.....

Next?

Meads 02-17-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS (Post 2008073)
Enlightened souls can delight in reading my whimsical tomes (totally open) and digest my findings as how they see fit. Anyone else - please turn the page.....
Next?

I prefer a little less pretentious jibber jabber, but that might just be me.

I don't really get the fuzz being made here. It's a product. You can buy it, or you can leave it. Why does anyone need to get upset about that?
It's no different from a new shampoo being released, is it?

I don't like the concept of the Raven, but that is nothing I need to discuss with flame and fire. To others it might appeal, and that is fine.

TOM@METRO 02-17-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2008076)
I don't really get the fuzz being made here. It's a product. You can buy it, or you can leave it. Why does anyone need to get upset about that?
It's no different from a new shampoo being released, is it?

There you go again, being rational and spoiling everybody’s fun. ;)