Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations... (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=24783)

loudist 06-10-2002 08:34 AM

Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Dave C,
If and when you do this test.... how difficult would it be to have a Mix+ system there as well to do a side by side comparison with HD at 44.1 and 48k?
I am sure a comparison such as this could be useful to many here.
Just a thought.

digiengineer 06-10-2002 05:22 PM

Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

DC and the Sunshine Band...

Because I picked up a long term gig, I have had to cancel my test date on June 15th [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Ironicly, it is with a client whom has just bought 3 PT|HD rigs, 2 Studer A800s, and needs me to set them up in his studio in Malibu. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Good Luck on finding a new test date!

Jules 06-10-2002 05:26 PM

"and needs me to set them up in his studio in Malibu."

How awfull for you!

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jules "in the rain" Standen

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

haze 06-10-2002 05:56 PM

Hey Jules! Are they dancing in the streets (rain) in London over the victory against the argies the other day?

www.johnhaze.com

C'mon England! C'mon England!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Jules 06-11-2002 04:31 AM

Yes all very excited!

I am suppporting:
UK (where I live + the goalie is a local hero SEAMAN!)
USA (I'm a yank)
Japan & Korea (cute girlfriend countries!)

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

stoneinapond 06-11-2002 06:15 AM

Jules

Quote:

Yes all very excited!

I am suppporting:
UK (where I live + the goalie is a local hero SEAMAN!)
USA (I'm a yank)
Japan & Korea (cute girlfriend countries!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here, just slightly different emphasis.

USA (where I live, don't know the goalie)
UK (I'm a Brit, although being sworn in as a US citizen Friday)
Japan & Korea (VERY CUTE GIRLFRIEND COUNTRIES!!!)

Life is good.

Yorik

Robocop 06-11-2002 08:40 AM

This tread should be a dead issue at this point. I believe what MM said he experienced
and heard happened, but this should not be put on Dave Carlock's shoulders to make this test happen, this was MM responsibility. Bottom line is MM should finish what he started.

Everyone, and MM should thank Dave for being open minded and trying so hard to make this happen. MM should have made
time .

The whole situation reminds me of those special moments when something in the
control room, or in the board is'nt working right. You call the tech in and he asks "whats the problem". You show him and everything
is working fine. He leaves and it happens again.You call him back and all is fine again.
Could go on all day or even all year.

Kind of like this test.

Jules 06-11-2002 04:59 PM

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

digiengineer 06-11-2002 04:59 PM

Quote:

Everyone, and MM should thank Dave for being open minded and trying so hard to make this happen.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Amen! Thanks for the hard work Dave!

DaveCarlock 06-11-2002 09:10 PM

Hey everyone,

At this stage, I haven't heard a reply from MM since last week. If I don't hear from him by Friday, I will officially call the retest a forfeit. At that point I will leave my info with him and if he ever does a test, I'll be happy to attend.

Beyond that, I'm personally satisfied with the various "unscientific" tests and opinions that have been sent to me. I haven't mentioned them here since they were private correspondences that I had been asked to keep quiet, so I did--just as I've kept MM's identity quiet as well. Thanks for all your input in thinking through the test procedures. Perhaps we'll meet someday, making music.

There comes a point when doing the test "just because" isn't reason enough. If MM is in, I'll be there. As well, I appreciate all of your willingness to let me know I'm off the hook to do this. With your reprieve, I'm now free to turn my attention to simpler matters of unfinished business like helping OJ find the "real killer" or overseeing the Florida recounts.

puhh--RUMPP bumpp!

But seriously, I'm diving head first into a new record in July and will need to bid this adieu before then.

Thanks for all the nice comments and best wishes.

DC