Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   making channels or tracks inactive? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=44079)

Mike F 02-26-2002 11:17 PM

making channels or tracks inactive?

Is it possible to change a tracks status to inactive in PT LE? I have seen this done on a TDM mixer screen.

accession 02-27-2002 12:22 AM

Re: making channels or tracks inactive?

Short answer = No [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

However, if the reason is to free up the CPU, you can click on a plug-in insert while holding down [CONTROL]+[APPLE] and the plug-in will become deactivated.

Note: this relieves the CPU unlike the plug-in's Bypass function.

You can also include the [OPTION] key as part of the keystrokes to deactivate all plug-ins across all tracks that share that particular insert row.

Repeat the steps to reactivate the plug-in(s).

Phil

Ben Jenssen 02-27-2002 01:34 AM

This is how I do it:

If I want to make a track inactive, I select "new playlist" on the track, klick "no" when asked if I want to delete other playlists assosiated with the track.

If I want to make it active again, I just make a new track and select my inactive playlist in "other playlists.

Of course this only deals with playlists and not plugins and sends on the strip.
But its a good way to get around the 24 track limit.

Ben Jenssen 02-27-2002 01:43 AM

Sorry, I got it a bit wrong:

This is how I do it:

If I want to make a track inactive, I select "new playlist" on the track, delete the whole track and klick "no" when asked if I want to delete other playlists assosiated with the track.

If I want to make it active again, I just make a new track and select my inactive playlist in "other playlists.

Of course this only deals with playlists and not plugins and sends on the strip, and you have to save the presets on the plugs.
But its a good way to get around the 24 track limit.

kalle74 02-27-2002 03:48 AM

Yes it´s possible to make a track inactive. I´m on Win but try this:

control+apple-click the input and output assignment switches and the track becomes all gray. Won´t free up any new tracks to your session, though...

Mike F 02-27-2002 02:36 PM

Thanks for your replies, I tried control-apple click on the assigns - It does disable them, but doesn't grey out the track. I'm trying to completely 'grey out' a track or channel so I can insert a visual cue on the mixer page to separate tracks from sub groups etc. Maybe just a TDM thing...?

Ben Jenssen 02-28-2002 03:49 AM

It shoud have been possible to color-code tracks in the mixer!

And scalable tracknames too!

P_J 02-28-2002 11:45 AM

You can't really free (make inactive) tracks in PT LE, but in TDM it's possible.