Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Interfaces (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Focusrite Clarett 8 pre issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395963)

djendeavour77 12-27-2017 07:00 PM

Focusrite Clarett 8 pre issues

I am having problems with PT recognizing my focusrite clarett 8pre interface. I have PT vs 10.3.10. I have recently rebuilt my entire system. I have a new Dell with a Xeon E3-1535 processor 2.9GHz with 32 gigs of RAM running windows 10 64 bit. PT is only recognizing my audio card in the laptop and will not recognize the focusrite. I tried starting PT holding down the N key and that didn't work. My laptop has Thunderboldt 3 and I bought the dongle to convert down to thunderboldt 2 that is on my focusrite. Any help would be great as my computer genius son is back off to college.

guitardom 12-27-2017 07:39 PM

Re: Focusrite Clarett 8 pre issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by djendeavour77 (Post 2466287)
I am having problems with PT recognizing my focusrite clarett 8pre interface. I have PT vs 10.3.10. I have recently rebuilt my entire system. I have a new Dell with a Xeon E3-1535 processor 2.9GHz with 32 gigs of RAM running windows 10 64 bit. PT is only recognizing my audio card in the laptop and will not recognize the focusrite. I tried starting PT holding down the N key and that didn't work. My laptop has Thunderboldt 3 and I bought the dongle to convert down to thunderboldt 2 that is on my focusrite. Any help would be great as my computer genius son is back off to college.

Did you install the Focusrite driver??

djendeavour77 12-27-2017 08:08 PM

Yes. I get this error message: The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device. It shows the focusrite as either a thunderboldt or USB interface I have tried both options and it still gives me the error message above.

Southsidemusic 12-27-2017 11:28 PM

Hey Buddy

Look at this thread here as JC had the similar issues you have and the beta driver seem to have solved his problem with connection aswell as the TB3-TB2 you mention.

Link to thread here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395935

Link beta driver:
http://beta.focusrite.com/

Let us know how you get on. Best Wishes / Christopher

djendeavour77 12-28-2017 07:09 PM

I tried that as well and I'm still getting that ASIO error message. However, if I select the eleven rack and arm a mic on that channel I get a signal going through the focusrite clarett but i can only here it on my laptop speakers. PT apparently wants to only recognize my sound card in my laptop. Is there anyway to override this to see if it will then recognize my focusrite?

guitardom 12-28-2017 07:15 PM

You have to go into the Control Panel and be sure the interface for Pro Tools you need is NOT selected as the default playback device. Then in Pro Tools under setup > Playback Engine, select the Focusrite.

djendeavour77 12-29-2017 09:25 PM

Thank you for your help and patience. I am still encountering that ASIO error. When I go into the device manager it is not showing my focusrite under the audio settings. I am getting a signal in the focusrite from a mic plugged into channel one: however, when I go into the setup in PT it shows my focusrite as an option but when I select it I get the ASIO error message PT will only arm a track if my sound card is selected. I did a complete uninstall of everything and reinstalled my focusrite drivers first then installed PT and no luck, exact same issues. What am I doing wrong. I have never had an issue using different interfaces before and was excited to use this new focusrite. It has got to be something simple. Anymore suggestions are greatly appreciated.

panamajack 12-29-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djendeavour77 (Post 2466287)
I am having problems with PT recognizing my focusrite clarett 8pre interface. I have PT vs 10.3.10. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by djendeavour77 (Post 2466594)
. . . When I go into the device manager it is not showing my focusrite under the audio settings. . .

Do you have Pro Tools 11 or 12? According to Avid's "Operating System Compatibility Chart", you should be running Windows 7 SP1 if you want to use Pro Tools 10, it was 32 bit. PT 11 and 12 are 64 bit, but the first PT version to support Windows 10 was PT 12.5. Even if you can get the old PT 10 version to run, neither Avid or Focusrite support your laptop AFAIK so it is hard to predict your outcome. Not to mention the fact that Focusrite indicates in their "OS Compatibility Checker" for the Clarett 8Pre driver that "Windows 7 is not supported or tested, even though it may work."

But...assuming you know what you are doing...

Has the Focusrite "Control" application installed okay? I run a Focusrite 8 PreX on a Mac and the Focusrite "Control" software is a necessary component on a Mac. I do not have any PCs with Thunderbolt, but have a few PCs with ASIO drivers. Not sure how a correct Focusrite installation shows up in the Windows Control Panel, but you could try to disable the onboard audio device entirely (right-click in Control Panel) to see if that helps. You can always turn it back on. I have no problem switching between the Eleven Rack and the Focusrite 8 Pre-X, or even an Apogee Element 46, all are installed on the same MacBook Pro.

Windows definitely has trouble recognizing some audio interfaces. The error message regarding ASIO and your comment that Windows cannot figure out if the Focusrite is USB or Thunderbolt leads me to believe you have an unsupported rig. Either that or you have not installed the Focusrite 8Pre correctly or your other drivers are conflicting and causing the incompatibility.

guitardom 12-31-2017 10:05 PM

I am back in town. Give me your email or something through a PM and we can meet up sometime if you cant get it worked out.

jeam25 01-28-2018 11:49 AM

Hi friend apart from what steve ( guitardom ) can do.for you wich is a lot ( he is one of the best i know on this ) Le me know if you got it to work . I got mine working steve helped a lot . I got a asus mobo with Asus Ex3 and TB2 converter to TB3 . Everything working great better than ever . There is a learning curve with this setting up this device so be patient .
One of the most amazing thing is that because of the Asio driver from focusrite i can have The clarett as main card for everything at the same time without a single audio dropout . Its awesome , even bouncing and seeing youtube at the same time �� , Win 10 side of course ! No more audio driver kidnapping from PT for me .