Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mojave, PT2019, Source Connect (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405251)

Jeffrey Talbot 06-17-2019 12:35 PM

Mojave, PT2019, Source Connect

So it seems Source Connect 3.8.2 doesn't like Mojave. I'm running it as a stand alone app, not as a plugin, but can't get any audio as input. I've added it to the "Full Disc Access" list, but still nothing... I've un-installed the app, and have re-installed it.. Guess I should mention this is SC3.8.2 Pro.

I did look on the Source Elements website, but didn't see any dire warnings about the new OS and this version of Source Connect.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Anyone found a solution?

its2loud 06-17-2019 12:41 PM

Re: Mojave, PT2019, Source Connect

Are you using the SC link plugin with the Source Connect App and trying to send audio from Pro Tools to the standalone App?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIKEROPHONICS 06-17-2019 12:48 PM

Do you have Nexus?
Routing to and from Pro Tools with that works best in my experience.

I am not on Mojave (Sierra here) so I can’t replicate your issues. Sorry

DAPG 06-17-2019 01:56 PM

We were having issues with 3.8.2 in Mojave that were fully resolved by going up to 3.9.

Jeffrey Talbot 06-17-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2529664)
Are you using the SC link plugin with the Source Connect App

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS (Post 2529667)
Do you have Nexus?
Routing to and from Pro Tools with that works best in my experience.

I am not on Mojave (Sierra here) so I can’t replicate your issues. Sorry

No. Running the app as a stand-alone app. Routing audio from ProTools thru an external mixer, but again, I can't get any audio into SC, regardless of the source I choose, so this is not a routing issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAPG (Post 2529669)
We were having issues with 3.8.2 in Mojave that were fully resolved by going up to 3.9.

Guess I may have to upgrade. I'll check to see how much it costs. Thanks to everyone for your time and suggestions.

****LATER****

Got in touch with Source-Elements. I needed to give Source Connect to the Microphone in the Privacy settings. Who knew.

Vedat 07-01-2019 03:08 PM

Yeah, pretty much every App now needs permission to do what they were usually able to do within the system.

For example, For Defaulter to work, you need to give Pro Tools permission to control the system in accessibility/privacy.

So, for any app that is not doing what it's supposed to be doing, I'd first check that its got the permissions in the prefs.

Rich Breen 07-02-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Talbot (Post 2529663)
...I've added it to the "Full Disc Access" list, ...

Not quite sure what you mean by the above, but have you allowed access to "microphone" in the Security pane?