Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   X-form and pitch shifting (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=380081)

Mike Thornton 10-24-2020 02:32 AM

Re: X-form and pitch shifting

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyellen (Post 2580991)
I'd like to resurrect this thread as it hasn't been commented on since 2016. I'm currently looking to pitch shift some 5.1 stems after doing an SRC to convert from 23.976 to 25fps. The SRC is complete and now I need to pitch back down to the original pitch.

I've tried Izotope RX 8 Time & Pitch (Radius setting) which sounded terrible. I also tried a demo of Elastique Pitch V2 which also sounded terrible. When I say terrible I mean robotic and totally unusable.

I finally tried X-Form (which I never liked in the past) out of desperation and it sounded surprisingly good on both 5.1 dialog stem and music stem; monophonic and polyphonic settings respectively.

I have yet to try Pitch n Time Pro as I can't find a demo on their site...am I missing it?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction here as to the best pitch shift plugin for audio post (specifically pitch shifting 5.1 mix stems as described above).

Thanks for your help.

Check out this article Review - Zplane Elastique AAX Pitch And Time Vs Avid TimeShift And X-Form

Mike

Reckless Erik 10-24-2020 01:18 PM

Time factory 2. It really is the one with the lowest artifact rate.

jyellen 10-24-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Thornton (Post 2580995)

I just tried Elastique AAX and it sounded very good. I didn't see this product earlier and only tried Elastique Pitch V2. Thanks for the heads up! So far this is the winner of the ones I've tried.

jyellen 10-24-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckless Erik (Post 2581017)
Time factory 2. It really is the one with the lowest artifact rate.

I see a lot of good reviews for this plugin but I don't like that it's not integrated into protools as an AAX plugin. Does it really sound that much better than Elastique AAX to make it worth the hassle? I guess that's a subjective question on many levels but curious what your thoughts are before I pull the trigger ona $500 CAD plugin :)

Rich Breen 10-25-2020 10:14 AM

I own all of them, Waves Soundshifter never gets mentioned, but it's still my favorite, and it integrates into ProTools' TC/E preferences just fine.

jyellen 10-25-2020 11:02 AM

X-form and pitch shifting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2581058)
I own all of them, Waves Soundshifter never gets mentioned, but it's still my favorite, and it integrates into ProTools' TC/E preferences just fine.

I feel that usually you get what you pay for. This plugin is only $30. How good can it be ?:) Also, I don’t see any mention of it supporting multichannel formats which is critical in an audio post environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Olhsson 10-25-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2581058)

Indeed, it has always won my shootouts provided I upsample to 96k.

jyellen 10-26-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson (Post 2581071)
Indeed, it has always won my shootouts provided I upsample to 96k.

Soundshifter does not support multichannel audio and therefore is not a contender.

Bob Olhsson 10-26-2020 10:39 AM

I've pitch-shifted several entire recording sessions with it. Sync mode is as accurate as you would want! The others can have fewer artifacts without being as precise.

They have a demo. It would be well worth checking out.