Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   X-form and pitch shifting (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=380081)

Reckless Erik 04-20-2016 12:56 PM

Re: X-form and pitch shifting

As someone said I believe the point about doing SRC first and then pitch shift, is to maintain phase coherence between channels, esp in muxed files. I tried Time Factory's SRC and found that channels drifted out of sync with each other. There is no sync drift if you do the SRC first on export from PT. The pitch shift in TF is very good with various different algorithms to suit tastes. It is also much faster than X-Form and is stand alone so you can continue working in PT whilst converting in TF (preferably on another pc as has also been mentioned).

lode 04-21-2016 12:09 AM

If you "join" or whatever it is called (in TF) then the channels stay in sync.

When I have the time I´m going do try out the different methods including stems, whole mix, src-&-pitchshifting and timestretching.

Or has anybody else done a comparison before?

MIKEROPHONICS 04-21-2016 02:18 AM

X-form and pitch shifting

Hi Garret

Elastique pitch looks very good from a quick scootch around. Very good price wise too.
Does it include an audiosuite version or do you have to run it live on stems and re-record the output?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garret 04-21-2016 02:03 PM

Hi Mike. That's the only downside is that you have to run it real time. It has a long delay on it so you'll need long delay comp. no audio suite I'm afraid. Gives you a chance to check your mix on the way down one more time! ��

Schottlandru 04-21-2016 02:48 PM

I am not 100% sure but thought V2 contained an audio suite?
But I may be completely wrong here... just thought I kept reading it in the Audiosuite Menu.
(not in front of PT right now)

idris 04-22-2016 03:12 AM

Just going back to the original question, any opions on the abilities of X-Form vs iZotope Radius / Time and Pitch / RX Advanced?

And any thoughts on the various parameters for different types of material? (eg Dx vs Mus?)

MIKEROPHONICS 04-22-2016 04:19 AM

I am thinking of doing a test of the available products some time and publishing the results. It would make a very interesting comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom_lowe 04-22-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schottlandru (Post 2351806)
I am not 100% sure but thought V2 contained an audio suite?
But I may be completely wrong here... just thought I kept reading it in the Audiosuite Menu.
(not in front of PT right now)

V2 is Audio Suite and running it as AAX has much much lower latency than V1. All round worthwhile, much nicer results than X-form.

tom_lowe 04-22-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS (Post 2351918)
I am thinking of doing a test of the available products some time and publishing the results. It would make a very interesting comparison.

Let me know if you want any help with test using Elastique, I'd gladly do anything to spread the word about this as I personally love it.

MIKEROPHONICS 04-22-2016 07:54 AM

Tom can you confirm whether it has Audiosuite?